PDA

View Full Version : AKL Villas

Alligirl
12-29-2009, 12:20 AM
DH surprised me by booking a trip to AKL. Since we have never stayed here before I am hoping you can help! Since they built Kidani Villas can you still stay at Jambo house for DVC pts? Did he need to request that when he made the ressies? Is that not the better place to stay? Any advice on requesting a room? We have a Savannah view studio. Thanks!!

DVC Mike
12-29-2009, 06:35 AM
DH surprised me by booking a trip to AKL. Since we have never stayed here before I am hoping you can help! Since they built Kidani Villas can you still stay at Jambo house for DVC pts? Did he need to request that when he made the ressies? Is that not the better place to stay? Any advice on requesting a room? We have a Savannah view studio. Thanks!!

Kidani Village and Jambo House are two separate booking categories, so your DH got one or the other when he made the reservation.

dlpmikki
12-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I am staying at Kidani next month but have stayed at the DVC at Jambo. I am not sure which is better. I think the room layouts at Kidani will be better because the Jambo house ones are conversions and it showed when we stayed in a 1 bed.

Mike is probably right in that one or the other will have been booked already. If you want to change there may well be availability at both. If you check your existing vacation bookings on the DVC member website it will tell you which has been booked.

Alligirl
12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks, you are right it is listed in the details as Kidani Villas!
Thank you!

tundramom
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM
You'll love Kidani! The only negative we could find was the lack of food court. We found the shop hours a little challenging but we are up and out from open to close, so we just had to plan to get supplies early instead of at the end of night like we normally do. The rooms are so spacious, we had 1 BR-HUGE master bath! We found everything else to be very convenient abd not at all crowded.