PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan question

Duck Daisy Duck
12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Can you use one meal credit for signature dining?

SBETigg
12-28-2009, 10:45 PM
No. Signature Dining on the Deluxe plan still takes two credits. So if you have three meals a day and dine at a Signature, that's really two meals that day. Which, honestly, is a lifesaver for us, because we love Signature dining and otherwise the Deluxe Plan is too much food, too many time-consuming meals.

For example, we had a three night stay last trip, two people. We had 18 meal credits to use (9 each). You can use those for CS or TS, though CS is really not a good value comparatively. And you do get two snacks a day, too. So we used our snack credits during the day (breakfast, sometimes lunch), and that kept us very full. We stayed late on our last day and we ate at Rose and Crown (our only 1 credit meal), Jiko, Citricos, Flying Fish, and California Grill in four days. 9 credits each, 18 credits total. We weren't eating all the time, and we really enjoyed those Signature meals. The day we had Rose and Crown lunch and Jiko dinner together was a killer. We literally couldn't eat at Jiko and had them pack up most of our entrees and dessert, which we reheated and ate for lunch the next day. Next time, I would do regular dining plan with mostly signatures and just have CS meals on some days, maybe pay some OOP for other snacks or meals. Table service breakfast, lunch, and dinner is just wow, so much time out and so much food. Deluxe would work best with a table service breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Signature dinner, perhaps.

Duck Daisy Duck
12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Good to know :mickey: I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth the money. It's going to be a short trip for us (4 nights) and we wanted to have atleast 3 signature meals 2 TS breakfasts and maybe 1 TS lunch while we are there. We live in Orlando and visit the parks a few times a month so this trip will be more about relaxing enjoying the resort (WL) and well eating :blush:

I have another question, I know it's disney but how family friendly are the signature dining restaurants? We will have our almost 3 year old DS with us. Ohh and another question :blush: on one of the nights I know we will be coming from the park, are we going to feel out of place with our mickey shirts and jeans? The other 2 nights we will be coming from the resort so we will not be in park attire.

SBETigg
12-29-2009, 11:16 AM
All are family friendly with the exception of Victoria and Albert's and Bistro de Paris (though neither of those is on the plan, anyway). You don't see as many kids at the Signatures but it seems there are always a few and kids are perfectly welcome.

The dress code at the Signatures is very relaxed. A lot of people dress up, and you might feel more comfortable doing so. But it's not necessary. Not everyone does. There are some people in tees and jeans (no beach attire, thong sandals, or torn clothing- but tees and jeans are dress code acceptable). Some of the Signatures tend to be a little dressier than others, like Citricos and California Grill-- though tees and jeans are acceptable by their dress codes, too. Jiko, Flying Fish, and Narcoossee's tend to have more of a casual mix of clothes, from what I've noticed. Brown Derby is almost always casual, park attire. And I haven't tried the other Signatures yet to know.

Your plan should work with the breakfasts and Signature meals. If you have a lunch, I would make lunch as early as possible and dinner on the late side. I was glad to have the chance to try more Signature dining on my last trip with the Deluxe plan. If the dining is your focus, it might be the way to go.

Duck Daisy Duck
12-29-2009, 11:22 AM