PDA

View Full Version : Free Disney dining

disneymad1998
12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
:mickey:Merry Christmas to you all.

We are looking at at going to WDW in September 2010, Over in the UK they are offering a deal of free disney dining if you stay at selected hotels.

We have stayed at pop and all of the All stars but if we stay at Port Orleans we would qualify for free disney dining.

My question to you is that for us to stay at Port Orleans we would pay an additional £260.00 per adult for a 14 night stay - do you think it would be worth paying or opt to stay at the cheaper hotel (pop or all stars)

Any advice would be greatfully received

renecat
12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
If that is 260.00 total per adult for 14 days that is only 18.58 per day. You would spent so much more than that p:cloud9:er day on your meals. It's a great deal.

Strmchsr
12-28-2009, 10:05 AM
In general the "free" dining is a wash at the moderate level. Minor savings at best over the room discounts that often come out because you pay rack rate. However, right now you don't know what other potential discounts might come out for September. What I would suggest is book through Magical Journeys now with the "free" dining promotion. If something better comes along later they can apply it for you with no hassle on your part. They can also run all the numbers for you to see if moving up to the PO would really be the best deal for you.

TheDuckRocks
12-28-2009, 10:55 AM
If I read your post correct you are saying 260 British pounds. If I'm right with today's exchange rate that would be $415.57 US Dollars per adult. The 2009 cost of the DDP is $39.99 per adult per night for 14 nights, a total of $559.86 and I think I read somewhere that the DDP is more for 2010. Looks to me if you use the DDP to its full advantage you could be money ahead.
Can you tell that until retirement I was an accountant?

MNNHFLTX
12-28-2009, 11:27 AM
In general the "free" dining is a wash at the moderate level. Minor savings at best over the room discounts that often come out because you pay rack rate. However, right now you don't know what other potential discounts might come out for September. What I would suggest is book through Magical Journeys now with the "free" dining promotion. If something better comes along later they can apply it for you with no hassle on your part. They can also run all the numbers for you to see if moving up to the PO would really be the best deal for you.I second using this strategy. On the front end the free dining looks like a decent deal, but if discounted room rates come out for that time frame, that might actually provide more savings than the free dining. And Magical Journeys is great about telling you the bottom line about what would be the better deal.

magicofdisney
12-28-2009, 12:29 PM
It also depends on the number of adults in your party. The more adults, the better the savings with "free dining" versus rack rate on the room.

cer
12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Also to consider....

If you choose to stay at a Value Resort, is the free dining offer going to be the Regular Dining Plan or the Counter Service Dining Plan? Make sure you know which free dining they offer for Value vs. Moderates....

There may be no difference, but it is something you definitely will want to verify....

disneymad1998
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone - will have a look at the magical journeys website but not sure if we can use as we are in the UK.

There will be 2 adults and 1 x 9 year old and the approx price for all of us with flights, insurance, car (basic), 14 day tickets and accom at All stars is approx £3200.00 GBP this does not include any disney dining - if we stay at Port Orleans and have the same as the above - the holiday company give you free disney dning for all of us which is a disney quick counter service plan that includes 2 quick counter meals, 2 snacks & 1 refillable mug per person and this would be approx £3700.00 GBP - so a difference of £500.00 GBP - so just trying to work out if we would be better off paying for the port orleans and getting free disney disning or opt for the all starts and pay as we go food wise...........
:mickey:

disneyfanfromoz
12-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone - will have a look at the magical journeys website but not sure if we can use as we are in the UK.
:mickey:

I am sure that you will be able to book with Magical Journeys. We are in Australia and have used Magical Journeys for our Disneyland trip a few weeks ago and are now using them to book our Disney World trip in September. So they do make reservations for international customers

It is all just so confusing, free dining or room discount, Annual Pass or get tickets on a package due to length of stay. As we travel from Australia we are staying for three weeks (21 nights) so its expensive so any little saving is great. I am sure Magical Journeys will be able to help you with the best way to go. They do not charge any more than booking with Disney direct, the prices are the same, they just find the best deal for your families trip.