PDA

View Full Version : Day after New Years's

Daisy'sMom
12-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know what the crowds are like on the day after New Year's? DH thinking of going over for the day as long as the holiday crowds are starting to go home. I told him I thought they would be, but just my luck it will be packed. :mickey:

WelshieLover
12-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I am not sure if this helps, but last year we arrived on the 3rd, which was a Saturday and it was still very crowded. We went to MK and really did not get on many rides. We then went over to DHS to see the last night of the Osbourne Lights. I am going to guess that most people went home on the Sunday, but there were a lot of local folks there at the parks.

mom2morgan
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
My guess - and it is a guess only, based on how I'd tour - is that it will be busy until the day before school starts back. With New Years on Friday, I'd suspect it is still very busy on Saturday :-(

andypooh
12-27-2009, 08:26 PM
MK is open 8am-midnight with an additional AM EMH starting at 7am

With hours like that you know the park will be packed

KylesMom
12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
After reading trip reports over the years regarding Disney holiday crowds, and consistently seeing the remark of, "What Recession? Not at Disney!" lately, I would agree that you aren't going to see a whole lot of relief in crowds immediately following New Years Day . . .

#1donaldfan
12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Last NYE MK was open till 3 AM, we only stayed till just after midnight....we came back to the MK very early, caught a boat to WCC for breakfast (which was great), back to the MK finding it very empty till about noon when the masses bagan to wake up....I hope this helps a bit....:cool:

Ms. Mode
12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I'll be there :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone. DH has decided that it will be to cold to spend the day there, I think he is being a baby. So we are staying home and let me tell you, it is going to be very cool in our home this weekend;)

Melanie
12-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I think you are smart. Since it's a weekend day, I'd venture to say it's going to be crowded based on recent trends. We're excited for the holidays to be over and the crowds to lighten a bit.

MinnieMommie
12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
It has been crowded when I have visited on that day and expect it to be again this year when we visit (this week). :mickey:

chrisb26
12-31-2009, 01:16 AM
My guess is it will be crowded originally there was only the Once Upon A Christmas Time Parade scheduled for 1/1 and 1/2 however they have added another which means if they want two day parades they expect it to be busy.

SBETigg
12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
New Year's Day is on a Friday. Saturday is still the weekend, and will still be packed. I would expect crowds until mid-late Sunday, and then it should calm. I think your DH might be making the right choice if your goal is to avoid crowds.