PDA

View Full Version : Dives in the Living Seas.

MKFD43
12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Any divers out there ever done the Living Seas dive experience? Was in worth the money. Worth the time?

CanadianWDWFan
12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Did it this past summer. It was well worth the money. Where else could you walk past hundreds of folks wearing nothing but a shortie!:D

Nice relaxed dive though. You partner up and then off you go. Lots to see and explore. They make a DVD of your dive and the videographer follows the group around taking shots of the group. You then go up to the large windows and find your family to have them in the video as well. The DVD is $35 and IMHO is worth every sent. It makes a great keepsake of the dive. Make sure you stop by the Coral Reef and say :hi: to everyone.

estein80
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I treated my DH to a dive last month. He loved the experience and would highly recommend it. There were clearly people in the tank who had done it several times, and everyone looked to be having a great time. Not to mention, my little one (18 mos) loved finding her daddy in the tank. This is an experience unlike any other.

mom2morgan
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Ohmigoodness - I would feel totally exposed! :blush: My big treat last year was Discovery Cove- with a whole day of snorkelling and a swim with the dolphins - and at least *I* didn't feel I was in a fish bowl, LOL

garymacd
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I did it a few years ago and enjoyed the experience. Definitely, buy the DVD for the memory. In all the years I spent swimming competitively and lifeguarding, my father never saw me do any of it.

With the disk I was able to show him just shortly before he was too far gone to remember it.

Remember to tell your family when to get on the observation bridge because they will be in the video, too.

Bay Lake
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
This summer will be my fourth time doing the dive. Well worth it, swim over to the glass near the Coral Reef and you can see what everybody is eating. Lots of fun.
:diver::diver::diver:

gueli
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
While I have never done this tank dive-

If you choose to do this, get the video. There have been a few dives I did this on, and I still love to look at them.

Its also a reminder of one of my best friends, the dive trips we took before his health failed...

So again- I say go for it, & dont forget the tape.
:mickey:

Genie1953
01-05-2010, 11:50 PM
How much does this dive experience cost? Do you need to make a reservation to do this? It sounds like something my husband would love to do.

Bay Lake
01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Its about $175.00 but there are discounts,(AAA, Disney Visa) Everytime I did it there were about 10 divers and I think they can handle around 16. MAke the resevation just to be safe.
:thumbsup:

garymacd
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Its about $175.00 but there are discounts,(AAA, Disney Visa) Everytime I did it there were about 10 divers and I think they can handle around 16. Make the resevation just to be safe.
:thumbsup:

They also offer (or did when I did my dive) a discount if your C card was issued by PADI.

Joannelet
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Did it this past summer. It was well worth the money. Where else could you walk past hundreds of folks wearing nothing but a shortie!:D

I laughed so hard I spit out my water that I was drinking!! :funny: