PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training

crmark1
12-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Has anyones child been picked for the Jedi Training at Hollywood Studios? Do they have this everyday? If youve seen this give me some tips on getting picked. My 5 yo DS would go crazy if he would get picked. Huge Starwars fan.

jeffbdw
12-24-2009, 05:22 PM
After 3 visits, my 8 year old was finally chosen for the Jedi training.It is great, but the choosing process makes for some dissapointed kids. The cast member working there told us that the child needs to catch the eye of the trainer. Be very animated. Wear a starwars shirt or costume if they have one. Also, they have starwars face painting near by, and I always see kids with painted faces get chosen.
They have a show something like every 30 minutes. So, we would try to get in and then go ride something and then come back.
Good Luck. It really is a great experience for the kids and the proud parents.

tadshome
12-24-2009, 06:26 PM
My son was very lucky and was picked on his first try and being a massive star wars fan he loved every moment. He did not do anything out of the ordinary, just put his hand up and looked fit to burst with excitement :mickey:

Altair
12-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Go to the first show of the day on a non-EMH early entry day. :mickey:

joanna71985
12-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Just a FYI- the method of being picked has changed. It is now first-come, first-serve. There is a queue line where the kids line up, and are taken from there.

finaldynasty
03-20-2010, 11:36 PM
This is very good information. Can you purchase a costume at the park. I don't remember. I would rather not pack his halloween costume, and I'm not sure it will fit him in June when we go.

mrmcgiv
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
we went 12/2008, DS waS 4 1/2 AND A STAR WARS FAN AND dd WAS 7 1/2. wE CAUGHT THE END OF A SHOW WHEN we arrived and someone told us it was random to get picked. So before the next show we arrived about 20 minutes ahead and got a spot in the front row on the line. There were a;read ,any poeple there, but we got a spot wa over to the left but still front. I was so worried that my DD would get picked and not DS. That would have been awful. If neitehr got picked we wuld have been fine.

Well...by some miracle, THEY BOTH GOT PICKED!!! Niether had on anything star wars, in fact DS had a Cars shirt on. The were stamding right next to each other and not acting wildly, just raising their hands and he picked them both! I felt REALLy bad in a way b/c there was a family next to use who was back for like the 6th show in 2 days b/c their son wamted to go up on stage so bad and he didnot get picked and both my kids did on the first try. This kid was about 12 or so and maybe a little on the older side. They seem to pick more younger kids.

That made the trip :)

joanna71985
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Kids just have to fit the age range (between 4-12). There are plenty of older kids who do the show.

homeschool mom
03-22-2010, 07:38 AM
None of my kids have ever been picked, but I wanted to share a funny story. Well, at least I thought it was funny. Just a short history, DH alwasy looks for shade at WDW, so no matter where we are we always look for shade if he doesn't happen to go on a certain ride or attraction with us.
That being said, on our last trip in Sept. '08, it was a very warm day and my 2 DDs (ages 17 & 14) and I stood up front to watch the Jedi Training show. We like the sunshine. DH, DD 15, and DSs 9 & 7 went with Dad to stand in the shade. Kids were chosen for the training and it commenced. The 3 of us sun seakers stood alone watching the show, while the others watched from a distance in the shade.
WELL, the minute Darth Vader emerged, my two DSs were right at my side. I don't think they have ever moved so fast. I got such a laugh out of that. I'm sure they will be right up front this coming trip hoping to get chosen for the training. AND, we will be there for the first Star Wars weekend.
It would be great if one of both of them got chosen for the training, but I'm not going to hold my breath. They are both tall for their age, the now 9 year old is taller than the now 11 year old's friends.

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Just a FYI- the method of being picked has changed. It is now first-come, first-serve. There is a queue line where the kids line up, and are taken from there.

This is good news. Our son tried 3 times, and got so disappointed that when we asked if he wanted to go try the next show, he declined. He's never tried again (we've visited 2 more times since). Glad to hear it is more fair now. I hate seeing any child disappointed.

homeschool mom
03-22-2010, 08:15 AM
If it is first come first served now, where do the kids need to line up? And, how early should they be there?
Keep in mind, we will be there the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends and it is DDs 16th birthday so she wants to spend that day at DHS.

joanna71985
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
If it is first come first served now, where do the kids need to line up? And, how early should they be there?
Keep in mind, we will be there the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends and it is DDs 16th birthday so she wants to spend that day at DHS.

The queue is set up to the right of the stage (if you are facing it). For me personally, I would go there first thing. By the time the first show starts, there are 3 shows' worth of kids there.

And seeing that you will be there on SWW, I would definitely be there first thing (as the show is even more popular during SWW).