PDA

View Full Version : Whats on the Menu?

Disney4us2
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
With this being Christmas Eve :deer:and I am getting everything ready for tonights and Christmas dinners. Food is on my mind.

For our Christmas Eve :sleigh:dinner we are having roast duck:donald:(not Donald though) with orange sauce, baked potato, salad, vegies, black olives (DD loves them) and for dessert is jello in a crystal wine glass with whipped cream.:candy:

For Christmas:tree: dinner it is :turkey:turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, black olives again:) and for dessert, banana cream pie.

What's on your menu's? Merry Christmas everyone.:santa3:

teambricker04
12-24-2009, 03:06 PM
We do Swedish meatballs on Christmas eve and a roast on Christmas day... I think I am reversing it this year!

Santa gets cheese, meat, and crackers as he is always tired of cookies by the time he gets to our house.

I am going to make scones for breakfast tomorrow... and eggs and bacon.

DVC2004
12-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Just us 4 tonight so we are having rotisserie Prime Rib Roast rubbed with herbs and garlic, popovers, creamy root vegetable gratin, braised brussel sprouts and punch. I bought a cake for dessert but we will probably bring that to my sister's tomorrow.

VWL Mom
12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
For Christmas Eve we do the seven fishes and Christmas Day is prime rib. It's a lot of cooking in a short time but I will continue the tradition for my boys as long as I can.

Merry Christmas :tree:! I hope Santa :santa2: is good to everyone.

faline
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Christmas Eve is take out Chinese food. I'm going to my brother's for dinner tomorrow so have no idea what we'll be eating!

wdw_bound
12-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Too funny - I thought we were the only family that did Chinese food on Christmas Eve. It started when DD was a baby and we tried to go to the 5 pm service. It was full to overflowing, but there would not be time to go home and eat and get back in time for the 7 pm service. So we found the only open restaurant in town, and a tradition was born.

For brunch tomorrow, I am cooking a strata and then tenderloin, yorkshire pudding and assorted vegetables for Christmas dinner. For snacking throughout the day, I've made mince pies, the kids are finishing up the sugar cookies right now, and we have a variety of cheeses.

Merry Christmas!

Jimenyfan
12-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Christmas Eve dinner was Chinese food and this seems to be our tradition as well. We mix it up every year for Christmas, in the past its been chicken parm, shrimp and crab legs, turkey, whatever we decide 2 days before becomes Christmas dinner. Christmas morning is always a big breakfast-eggs,bacon,sausage pancakes, chip beef on toast.

BMan62
12-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Christmas Eve dinner was Chinese food and this seems to be our tradition as well. We mix it up every year for Christmas, in the past its been chicken parm, shrimp and crab legs, turkey, whatever we decide 2 days before becomes Christmas dinner. Christmas morning is always a big breakfast-eggs,bacon,sausage pancakes, chip beef on toast.

I'm coming to your house for breakfast!! :cloud9:

Briansmom
12-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Christmas Eve is always a smorgasboard of goodies (hors d'ourves) at MIL and FIL's house. Christmas breakfast always is the same....grits casserole and sausage balls....yummy! And this year for our Christmas dinner we are having ribeye steaks, potatoes au gratin, ceasar salad and garlic bread. Although this year, we are in limbo on the BIG DAY because my DH is working at the firestation so Santa doesn't come until tonite and we won't have dinner until tomorrow (thus the reason I am on Intercot this fine Christmas morning....no toys and presents to play with yet). We are a day behind everyone else this year. Merry Christmas everyone...I hope you are all enjoying your festivities and goodies this morning!

Georgesgirl1
12-25-2009, 11:06 AM
How funny, we had Chinese food for Christmas Eve too! Today we are having beef brisket, asparagus, and mashed potatoes plus assorted cookies, candies, and cakes that the kids in my class gave me for Christmas!

DonLefNY
12-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Prime rib, scalloped potatoes, green beans, merlot wine.

Tiggerlovr9000
12-25-2009, 05:20 PM
We had spaghetti and garlic bread last nite. I just put the turkey on we are having hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry jelly and corn. pumpkin dessert. yum. This is the first Christmas without my son who is spending Christmas with his future in-laws and fiancee..Merry Christmas

SBETigg
12-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Christmas Eve is always our night for just us (the DH, DS, DD, and me) because we share Christmas Day with extended family. We do dinner out and a movie. Yesterday was a local steakhouse (I had ribeye, loaded baked potato, and salad). And Avatar 3D (which we really enjoyed-- I recommend seeing it in the theater, a visual feast though the plot is predictable and the characterization is not outstanding).

Christmas morning, my homemade sticky cinnamon rolls.

Christmas dinner was at my mom-in-law's. Roast beef with horseradish cream sauce, green beans with almonds, three cheese mashed potatoes, beef gravy, Caesar salad, and rye and white breads. Apple, pecan, and mince pies to choose from for dessert with fresh, fluffy whipped cream. I am stuffed! But it was a lovely day. Merry Christmas, all!

crazypoohbear
12-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Christmas eve we have an open house so last night the menu was
Cheese and italian salami's
stuffed peppers
shrimp cocktail
mexican dip with chips
baked ziti
italian meatballs
sweet and sour meatballs
salad
bread
fudge
peanut butter temptations
choc.chip cookies
Choc. pecan pie
bourbon balls
cashews (which my 6 year old nephew ate like his arm was a conveyor belt to his mouth, it was great)
Then on Christmas day we had
Cheese and crackers
shrimp cocktail
mexican dip
salad
turkey
stuffing
mashed potato
peas
corn
onions
rolls
sweet potato casserole
cranberry sauce
and for desserts
pecan pie
banana cream pie
squash pie
chocolate trifle
carrot cake
cherry almond pie
choc. mousse pie
fudge
cookies
choc. pecan pie
brownies
beer selections
wine selections
rum swizzles
My family has a habit of worrying that we might not have enough food so every year we say we are going to cut back but never seem to do that!
I have sooooo much leftovers at my house that the kids and their friends will be eating nonstop for the next 5 days!

Magic Smiles
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Christmas Eve is always tourtier and sausage rolls (DS doesn't like tourtier), but this year we through in chicken wings also. Lots of pickles and other assorted sides.
Christmas Day is ALWAYS turkey. Went to friends this year, but made our family dinner on the 27th. Turkey, home made stuffing (so yummy), mashed potatoes, butter glazed carrots, brussels sprouts with water chestnuts and dill, cauliflower in cheese sauce, green beans tossed in butter and chopped walnuts, with of course home made cranberry sauce and gravy. Getting hungry just writing about it again. Dessert is always a large assortment of home baked goodies, sometimes with a Cross and Blackwell Plum Pudding and Custard sauce. Usually the pudding is eaten a few days later when we get hungry again!

Can't imagine not having turkey for Christmas:confused:

Mickey'sGirl
12-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Christmas Eve luncheon (with BinL and his family)was lasagna, tourtiere, french fries, spring greens and bread. Ice cream and baked goods for dessert.

Christmas morning was Stollen, coffee, scrambled eggs and bacon.

Christmas dinner (with my family), Turkey, brussel sprouts, turnip, red cabbage, green beans, stuffing, mashed potatoes and bread. Dessert was Christmas pudding and baked goods.

Christmas dinner + 2 (with my aunts and uncles and cousins)was cheese shortbread, cheese and crackers and cruditees to start, then ham, scalloped potatoes, spring greens, meatballs, lasagna and bread for dinner. Then trifle, Christmas pudding and baked goods for dessert.

All events at my house .... It's a lot of work, but it is so wonderful to see everyone, and to have so many happy full people around! It's salads from here on in though... :D

Magic Smiles
12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
It's salads from here on in though... :D
Let's hear it for the NEW YEARS SALADS!:fworks::cheer: