PDA

View Full Version : LONG lines this week.

Lightning McQueen
12-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Just got back from a great trip to WDW! I could not believe the wait times for Soarin' and Toy Story Mania! We saw each of them over 150 minutes. I love both attractions, but no way I am waiting 2 and a half hours for them!

LoriMistress
12-24-2009, 02:08 AM
That's crazy! Did you use FP? It's getting closer to Christmas, so it doesn't surprise me that the lines would be long.

brookview
12-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Its funny sometimes. first you think the whole crowd waiting for the park to open will go to random rides but its so busy there must be cast members to say FASTPASSES HERE LINE OVER HERE!So when your even in the middle of the crowd you still are waiting for at least 30 mins. but the good part is if your in line inside there's alot to look at. The potato head will ask questions and the little kids stare and don't say anything the huge crayons and preschool pictures of woody and buzz. Yup Disney has done an amazing job once again.:mickey:

jodijo
12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
That's crazy! Did you use FP? It's getting closer to Christmas, so it doesn't surprise me that the lines would be long.

We were there for Thanksgiving and the lines were that long and longer. We tried to get FP but they were gone for most rides by 10am. Even if we did get FP, they were for after 6PM.

We went to Toy Story FP at opening and waited 30 minutes in the rain for FP's at 8PM. The CM's working thought the FP's would only last about 30 minutes total before they were out. Just Crazy!

jonahbear2006
12-24-2009, 10:31 AM
well, we saw 130 min on Toy Story Mania the 2nd week in december and we finally gave up and waited in a 40 min line when we saw it, right before park closing....that line was 70 minutes long and we were so stressed out in the line. by the time we got to the front, both boys had to potty; 5 and 3. We had to make them wait; which makes me feel horrible to ask of them. also we ended up in line past closing, so we were late for emh and starving so we didnt go to mk cause by the time we traveled, fed ourselves, and got to do anything there would only be an hour left in the park. It was very frustrating for a 6 minute ride.

sorcerer fan
12-24-2009, 10:51 AM
we were there second week of dec and went to fast pass line at opening and they were already gone when we got there. hopefully, it will die down soon. I wasn't going to wait 120 minutes for a 6 minute ride either. we'll try it again next trip

Goes4FastPass
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, I guess long waits are better (a little?) than those attractions being dowb for a refurb...?

A giant FastPass flaw here is on days when FPs for the whole day are distributed by, for example, 10am, I have to take my whole family to the park first thing in the am to get FPs for later in the day. Then we have to stay at that park or leave and return.

Lightning McQueen
12-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Thankfully we got to each ride at park opening so we didn't have to wait very long. I'm not gonna lie though...if my only option was to wait a couple of hours in line in order to get a ride on TSM, chances are good that I would do it. I think it is that good.

Figment78
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
We are just back yesterday and we did see some really long wait times posted for both soarin (130) and test track (160!) When in epcot earlier this week. However, we were at studios on the 18th and got FPs for TSM around 930 and they were only for 10:50. It was raining lightly so that probably accounted for it but I was plesantly surprised with the FP. The parks were crowded at times, but nothing like I've experienced during dec 25 thru jan 1. MK was absolutely nuts on saturday 12-19 though!

disneyboundagain
12-25-2009, 03:33 PM
YEP, the lines are THAT bad! We are back at BLT now, it was raining too hard and too crowded for us to have any fun. Test Track was 170 min on the 23rd!

momofaprincess
12-25-2009, 05:13 PM
We just left WDW on Tues Dec 22nd. Saw 210 min wait for TSM and 120 for Soarin and TT several times. Took advantage of FP so not that bad really for us. Couldn't imagine waiting over three hours for TSM....