PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters n SyFy: Real Ghost Hunters or Fake?

DizneyFreak2002
12-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Donnna LaCroix, former Ghost Hunter/T.A.P.S. member admits the show is a fake and that "evidence" has been planted... She also says Jason and Grant are pulling in megabucks and the cast, zilch....

Interesting interview on SRNLive.com.... Makes me wonder if I really want to watch these frauds anymore... :mad:

NotaGeek
12-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Funny ... this is the show I never liked because I thought that the main 2 guys were full of it Glad to know my intuition was correct. I'll have to check out the site.

I prefer Most Haunted ... have you seen it? It's a BBC show and it on the Travel Channel I think ... some of the stuff that happens is really creepy and more than once I slept with my bathroom light on due to that show!

DizneyRox
12-24-2009, 07:11 AM
It's fake...

I've given up on them long ago.. Ghost Adventures is much more entertaining...

Strmchsr
12-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Honestly, if they are faking it they could do a MUCH better job. What they generally experience on the shows is pretty much identical to what I've experienced in my years of being involved with a paranormal research team. It's a lot of sitting around, staring into the darkness with nothing too exciting happening. When something does happen you're generally not sure if it was your imagination or something real. GH doesn't pull the junk that Most Haunted does (Michael, BTW, Most Haunted 3-4 years ago was proven by outside folks to have faked basically everything. Their "psychics" are fed information, the crew sets up noises and experiences, etc. That's why every location they go to seems to be set in the pit of hell with more paranormal activity than a horror movie).

The Ghost Adventures guys I know personally. They are a little unconventional but a lot of fun. No matter which way you look at it though, all of these shows are entertainment and you pretty much have to view them as such "real" or not.

All of that said, the show in question was "Ghost Divas" which is a group of ladies known to have big egos and a thing against TAPS. Donna has since issues a statement retracting some of the stuff she said and that she was "talked into a corner." Here was Jason Hawes' exact response:

I have spoken with Donna and she is upset with the way this all went down. She did tell me as I believe she told you “TAPS did not fake anything” and also she stated she knows I would never do anything like that as she again told you Ron.
Donna called me, I did not call her. So no one can ever say we scared her into recanting. Bottom line is this, people are going to say whatever they want, people are going to believe or not believe the trash that comes from those ladies “Divas” mouths or not. They do not bother me. I find it funny that they spend so much time on someone they seem to hate so much.

Take that for what it's worth. I'll continue as I always have and just view it as entertainment.

MNNHFLTX
12-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Fake or not, I don't watch it for it's scientific value, but for entertainment value--same as with Most Haunted (love those glowing eyes!!) I still like that they profile some interesting (and historical) places too.

Strmchsr
12-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Just FYI, here's part of a statement (whole thing is too long to post) from Donna after her interview and she said several other things that basically said she wasn't trying to hurt TAPS or say that they fake everything:

First off, I’m not perfect. I can say things off the cuff without clearly explaining what I mean. Writing is my forte as I have time to see and write exactly what I want. Now I’m not backtracking here, but I want a few things clarified:

Assumptions From Donna’s Interview With TAPS:

1.TAPS fakes evidence and Donna knows of a staging team that is part of the crew that does this. (So, please Dan, take down the You Tube please).

Answer: NO! I never said I caught them staging things. I said I had a turning point moment where I saw something I considered staged and it upset me to an incredibly disappointing point. And I never heard of TAPS having a “staging crew” on their Ghost Hunters show until it was mentioned in the interview. And I said it in the interview. I have since verified that they DO NOT have a staging crew.

Strmchsr
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
I still like that they profile some interesting (and historical) places too.

:ditto: That's one of the coolest things about all the shows. They really bring to light some fascinating historical places that I may never have heard of otherwise. That's been true for all the shows.

GothMickey
12-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I take this show for what it is, entertainment. I have no way of knowing if any of this is real because I never experienced it myself. But, the subject is something that interests me, so I watch. I listened to the interview too. Her "retractions" did not mention anything about how she claims Brian, Andy and herself almost went bankrupt because of the production company. They should have better entertainment lawyers, or been smarter with their money. And of course Jason and Grant are going to make more money.

1) TAPS is their company
2) They are the stars of the show
3) They own the TAPS and Ghost Hunters names, therefore own the merchandising.

I liked Donna on the show, but, I also do not miss her. Give me Kris Willaims any day. :cloud9:

Dznygrl79
12-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I think it all comes down to what you wanna believe in, the shows are there for entertainment purposes. Like any "reality" show they may be filmed live and you get to see the conflict within the group however long before you see it a creative editing team gets its hands on the film. I personally like the show I think its funny and creative. It serves its purpose it entertains me, however do I believe it ...for the most part no. I have been to some of the places TAPS has been to and had way better experiances. I also would like to know more about the camera crews cause they really don't react the way I think a person seeing some of the things TAPS claims to see would, but thats just me and mine.
Also if someone is claiming its fake do we know this persons background and relationship to TAPS have they had a falling out that would make them wish ill will on the group?
And lastly good for Jay and Grant for taking an idea and profiting off of it, thats truely taking something you love and benefiting from it. And while the other staff may not make a lot its as any business (and TV show)is, the creative person or the person the idea belogs to profits the most if that wasn't the case more people in all different environments would be benefiting. However I look at it as a group of people who enjoy what they are doing as a hobby getting tv exposure if they get paid at all that should be considered a bonus, otherwise we would no that of course they are going to plant evidance and "cause" things to happen to keep a job.
Until you have your own experiance I don't think you should be willing to say whats real or not ....but thats just my very long and rambly opinion.

IloveDisney71
12-30-2009, 10:59 PM
I enjoy watching these shows for entertainment value and the history of the places they visit. I also enjoy watching Paranormal State. :blush:

Ian
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I pretty much assumed all these shows were fakes. Kinda like the "mockumentaries" that Animal Planet does with Lost Tapes and shows like that.

It never occurred to me that they were actually trying to pass themselves off as legitimate.

I have to say I was kind of annoyed at GHI for running those "searching for Hitler's ghost" ads during the Twilight Zone marathon. I personally think it's tasteless to exploit people's fascination with that monster.

Rhetoric2000
01-03-2010, 11:48 AM
The first series of Most Haunted actually featured a number of legitimate enthusiasts who enjoyed staking out spooky places to see if anything spooky would happen.

Each and all of them left the series when it became clear how seriously the programme was making itself out to be, especially the nonsense with "psychics" and "mediums" who have been pre-fed information, and with teams who deliberately create effects.

I would assume most other "haunted house" type shows follow a similar pattern.

Disneyatic
01-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I enjoy Ghost Hunters, never liked the International version though.
I have to say I don't believe that much is faked on Ghost Hunters, they don't have enough "confirmed" experiences to make that seem like a legit claim.
And coming from a former cast member that obviously has a grudge, not as credible to me. Don't complain about the money, you accepted the contract. I do hope that Steve and Tango are getting more $ thought :secret:

Ghost Adventures...if its the one I am thinking about, with the guy that says "dude" all the time, THAT one seems fake to me...
Interesting places they go to but it seems way to over dramatic.