PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon memories(1988)

Scott C
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
For some reason I have been thinking back to our honeymoon in November 1988 and thinking about how different thing were then. I realize that there are many here on Intercot that are not old enough to remember those days -- So I thought that I would share. Four nights at the Poly -- Garden View -- $160 a night -- had to book way in advance since it filled quickly. Two Parks MK and Epcot. The only time we rode a bus was to go to the LBV shopping village -- A quaint relaxing afternoon -- not the huge crowds like today. No fastpass in the parks -- but somehow we managed to see everything. No ADRs to make -- we were not able to get into the Hoop dee doo -- but we ate everyplace else that we wished. Had a great dinner at the Coral Isle Cafe -- where Kona is now. Nice breakfast at Tangeroa terrace -- now abandoned. Absolutely fantastic brunch at the Top of the World. Also enjoyed the terrace buffeteria at the comtemporary. All in all it was a great honeymoon. But thinking back it seemed so much less stressful back then. And maybe that is what I am missing now -- rush here and rush there have to be in Epcot tuesday at 1 because we have adrs -- you know what I mean.

Am I just getting too old for WDW or were thing so much simpler then?????

Thanks for reading this
Scott C

jmj18
12-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I remember......and I agree!!!!!!

badkitty
12-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Thank you for your reflection on the past. I remember my first trip to WDW when MGM/Disney Studios was new. Three parks, but still a much slower pace. I also remember "Disney Village" and Chef Mickey's as a quieter experience.

This has made me re-think my upcoming trip in January. I discussed it with my sister, and we have cancelled most of our ADRs and have decided on a more relaxed flow. We have options for each day based on the park hours and parade schedules but no hard "plan". This is new for me but it could work! If we don't get to "see everything", there is always the possible of another trip someday.

Scott C
12-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I will have to admit that our last trip in July 09 was a little bit more relaxed -- we only had 2 adr's -- Le Cellier and Biergarten and we had ressies for Cirque de Soleil. Everything else was totally unplanned. We arrived July 4th at 3pm and I was only concerned that we would be able to enter the MK so we could see the fireworks. Well, we were able to and were also able to finish about 3/4 of the attractions. We just felt more relaxed all week -- not rushing from e ticket to e ticket -- but instead stopping to enjoy some of the smaller things and enjoying some of the live entertainment. The whole trip brought back memories of how things used to be and how much I missed that.

Thanks
Scott C