PDA

View Full Version : ADR Recommendations Needed!!!

ljgirl
12-22-2009, 11:05 AM
We(Me, DH, DS (7) and DD(10)) will be at WDW 3/15-3/22. We are staying at the POFQ and are on the DDP. Does anyone have any resraurant ideas that are "must do's"? The only ADR I have is for thr Fantasmic Dinner. We are eating at Mama Melrose's at 3:45 pm on 3/21.

Disneyfirsttimer
12-22-2009, 11:20 AM
My children will be 10 and 8 when we go in the spring. This will be our third trip with them. We do have a few favorites:

Le Cellier (will be doing for the 3rd time)
1900 Park Fare (will de doing for 3rd time)
Chef Mickey's (will be doing for 2nd time)
O'hana (will be doing for 2nd time)
Crystal Palace (will be doing for 2nd time)
Teppan Edo (trying for first time)
Mama Melrose (trying for first time) - have done H&V in the past and did not like it

We also have done Liberty Tree Tavern and liked that. We did the Hoop Dee Doo Review and that was a lot of fun. I also wanted to try the Poly Luau this time, but are going with another family and was not sure they wanted the added expense.

We love to experience dining in some of the resorts (especially ones on the monorail for convenience) - Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. Just nice to walk around in the resorts.

Have a great trip!

Karyn

hardingella
12-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Our trip wouldnt be complete without a meal at Chef Mickey at The Contempory. IMO its the best place to meet all your favourite characters. Its a buffet style menu,so will suit even the most challenging of tastes.My DD10 and DS8 love it.
I would also recommend looking at menus on http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm to help you.For me the planning is all part of the "Disney experience". Enjoy.

Zippy 1
12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Chef Mickeys and Ohana's ae a must do for us!

renecat
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
If you are looking for character dinning Cap May has a great buffet. If you want good food at sit down LeCeller is great. GF cafe is good.
Prime time 50's cafe has great home cooking.
If you are willing to use 2T.S. meals Narcoosee at the GF and Artist Poind at the Wilderness Lodge are really wonderful. We ate in france for lunch when we were there in Sept. and had a grerat meal plus someone came around with a cart and underneath the dome was an animated ratatouee that interacted with us it was sooooo cute. Hope this helps, there are so many great choices at the world.

BigThunderFan
12-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I LOVED Boma, DW - not so much, but she is really picky. But beyond that we had no bad experiences anywhere.

Chef Mickeys is great for the kids, and kids at heart. We had breakfast there and the food was great. I can't speak for other meals though.

Liberty Tree was one of our best meals. I think the menu has changed some, but one of my employees just got back and said the same thing about it being the best meal.

Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle is a do it once meal. I recommend if you are thinking about it to do it while the kids are young rather than waiting for a future trip. Food was ok, characters were ehh ok, but the ambiance of being inside the castle was so cool.

Crystal Palace was good, typical buffet food, and the Pooh characters were great!

If you like steak you can't go wrong with Le Cellier.

Good luck in your decisions! I have changed mine so many times in the last two months I am going insane. I should really stop looking at the menus before I eat... :mickey:

mom2morgan
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Our favourite was O'Hana. For a character meal, we thought the BEST princess experience was at Akershus, but I'd really like to try the Character Breakfast at Cape May sometime - I think it would be SO cute seeing them in their beach wear!

tpalmer1031
12-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Ohanas is our favorite and love the breakfast at Cape May, great character interaction--We are going first week of March and are going to Ohanas. We are excited to try Mickys backyard BBQ and 1900 park fare for dinner this trip. We did not like corral reef's food or yachtmans steakhouse.

bruin1344
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
LeCellier, Teppan Edo, Cape May, Rose & Crown

the other micki
12-23-2009, 08:10 PM
At your kids' ages, they would probably like Sci-Fi Drive-In. They are not known for the their great food, but the atmosphere is soooo cool. We went for lunch, got burgers. Everything was good.

Disney4us2
12-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Our favorites are:
LeCellier, Teppan Edo, Chef Mickeys. Those are our must do's. Next time we want to try
Garden Grille, Wispering Canyon, maybe one of the AKL restaurants.

Gator
12-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I really love Liberty Tree Tavern. It used to have characters, which was fun but also made it hard to get into sometimes. The food is really good.

Le Cellier is at the top of everyone's list.

Akershus is very good if you're daring. Extremely tasty.

If you like fish, head over to the Coral Reef. It's very elegant and they "cook the carp" pretty good.

I've seen 1900 Park Faire mentioned. I agree that it has great food and good characters at breakfast and at dinner. Plus it gives you an excuse to go inside the GF.

jonahbear2006
12-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I will tell you my children's favorites:

1. boma for breakfast-jungle juice(formally frunch)
2. Le cellier (steak and straw. daq. all around)
3. 50s Diner (excellent milkshakes & entertainment)
4. Teppan Edo (boats for plates)
5. Narcoosee's (mickey straws with every refill)

As you can see, no character meals. After we really starting going for food, our children have strayed from wanting characters at dinner and have become so excited to have some really good food.

elmjimmlm
12-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Our favorites are:
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Boma
Ohana
Cinderellas Royal Table
Tonys (if only for Lady and the Tramp)
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree