PDA

View Full Version : Captain EO returns

wendybird
12-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Captain EO is coming back to Disneyland in CA. Any chance it will return to Epcot, as well??

SBETigg
12-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I hope not. If it's hugely successful on return at DL, who knows. But I don't think the plans are to bring it to Epcot at this time, and I wouldn't be one to see it if it came back.

BugeyedMuggy
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Ditto on that one (I hope not)

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Just what EPCOT needs...NOT!!:ack:

W24toISMdirect
12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't think Captain EO returning is a bad thing. Yes it's a vehicle for Michael Jackson (though that IS a big part of the appeal at the moment) but it was also directed by Francis Ford Coppela and executive produced by George Lucas before he lost his mind. It really is kind of a big deal, and I think a limited engagement at this point is warrented, and would be appriciated by a wide audiance. Also, it's just plane time for Honey I Shrunk the Audiance to go. It's very dated at this point and stayed for longer than it should have. A Captain EO limited engagement would be relevent and welcome and make a good segway into replace the attraction altogether.

Frankly since there is newer better 3-D at the movie theater down the street now than the now ancient technology they've been using at DL and WDW since I was a small child, so it may time to rethink the whole 3-D movie attraction thing altogether.

bruin1344
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Just what EPCOT needs...NOT!!:ack:

i agree, too outdated and i dont like to associate disney w/michael jackson