PDA

View Full Version : GF Bakery Doesn't Deliver Anymore

Dare To Dream
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
:(
Just talked to folks at the GF and they do not deliver cakes to any other resorts. We are having dinner at the Spirit of Aloha and our only choice for a BD cake for our DD's 21st is a pre-made, previously frozen cake. We had hoped to get something really special. I am soooooooooooooo disappointed. So much for the magic.

:(

ElenitaB
12-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Personally, I wouldn't fault the GF for not delivering to the Poly; I'd fault the Poly for just not making any effort at all. That said, if you're set on getting your DD a cake, you could order something to pick up at the Boardwalk Bakery, pick it up and taxi it over to the Poly before your dinner. Their cakes aren't as elaborate as the GF ones, but they are pretty (and I can vouch that they're pretty tasty).

big blue and hairy
12-22-2009, 08:31 AM
if you're set on getting your DD a cake, you could order something to pick up at the Boardwalk Bakery, pick it up and taxi it over to the Poly before your dinner. Their cakes aren't as elaborate as the GF ones, but they are pretty (and I can vouch that they're pretty tasty).

Ummmmmm....well then, why not order on from GF and taxi it to the Poly?

:sulley:

disneykid@hrt
12-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Ummmmmm....well then, why not order on from GF and taxi it to the Poly?

If only it were that simple... I think the only place that let's you pick a cake up is the Boardwalk Bakery.

big blue and hairy
12-22-2009, 01:57 PM
If only it were that simple... I think the only place that let's you pick a cake up is the Boardwalk Bakery.

:huh: I can see not delivering, but why not a pickup? :huh:

DizneyRox
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
In response to guest surveys, cakes will no longer be delivered to others resorts and will be unable to be picked up.

Actually, a guess might be that staff reductions have left them unable to provide the same level of services they used to. Since there's probably not a lot a custom cakes going elsewhere (they can get pricey), they have no choice but to eliminate the service.

Also, isn't bell services outsourced now, probably hroughout the property. Maybe Disney doesn't trust them enough to handle this, and doesn't want to hear the guest complaints when little Suzie's cake shows up, outside down.

TheRustyScupper
12-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Actually, a guess might be that staff reductions have left them unable to provide the same level of services they used to. Since there's probably not a lot a custom cakes going elsewhere (they can get pricey), they have no choice but to eliminate the service.

1) Pretty reasonable.
2) Unless you can keep a delivery person busy, they are a cost drain.
3) Plus, deliveries to various points can be a scheduling nightmare.
4) They could have 2-3 cakes due at the same time across the property.
5) Either more people needed or someone gets a late delivery.
6) So, either excess manpower cost or guest complaints.
7) A possible no-win situation.

disneykid@hrt
12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
With the number of birthdays, weddings, graduations, etc. that people are celebrating down at Disney you'd think they would make special cakes more readily available. I never have found an "official" picture of a custom cake- besides wedding cakes. I ended up ordering a cake from Contemporary Private Dining via the Cake Hotline for dinner at Cali Grill. I am nervous as heck how it's going to turn out. It's costing me $100- which I could get a glorious masterpiece of a cake around here for that- and I'm not even really sure exactly how it's gonna look. But I'm crossing my fingers, saying my prayers, sprinkling my pixie dust...

It would just be nice if they had a website- like they have the florist, for the in-room celebrations. Or even a bakery at say DTD that allows you to pick-up your cake, and makes really AWESOME cakes. Just sayin'.

disneykid@hrt
12-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh and I think they have custom cakes at the Main St Bakery in MK that you can pick-up as well.

ElenitaB
12-23-2009, 07:27 PM
I've never eard of custom cakes being offered at the Main Street Bakery, but will check on that in January.

And the reason I mentioned the Boardwalk Bakery is that it is the only "storefront" bakery on property where you can order and pick up a cake. Not every bakery has the conditions to offer pick-up.

disneykid@hrt, I think you have a pretty good chance of ending up with a lovely cake. I had some doings with getting a cake through private dining for a guest at the CR, and I must say, they far exceeded our expectations.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
We had a gorgeous Cruella cake delivered to the Innkeepers Club at the BWI from the Boardwalk Bakery. It was 10" and cost around $90 w/delivery. It was extremely beautiful and they did such a fancy job w/the decorations and color theme. We always get a cake delivered from the bakery. It may be because we are doing concierge though. They take care of all the details. I did speak w/ the main baker to get all my ducks in a row this time. It was a very special cake for our dear older brother Teddy. He was thrilled and impressed at the job they had done. We had a little party in the lounge w/other families and it was really nice. There is no way we could eat all that cake. As yummy as it was!:party:

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Dare To Dream
12-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Disney magic is alive and well!!!!

I received a call from the GF Custom Bakery yesterday while riding the Avis bus at the airport in Denver. It was like getting a belated Christmas present!!!!

The cake is ordered and it sounds wonderful!! It will be a Dumbo theme cake - I can not wait to see it!! More to follow.:mickey: