PDA

View Full Version : Actress Brittany Murphy, Dead at 32...

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32 of heart attack: report

Movie star Brittany Murphy is dead of a heart attack at 32.
She went into full cardiac arrest early Sunday and could not be revived, the Website TMZ reported.
The Los Angeles City Fire Department got a call from the home of Murphy's husband Simon Monjack about 8 a.m., fire officials told TMZ.
She was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead on arrival
Murphy starred in "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."
The starlet became a household name among teens in 1995 as the sidekick in "Clueless," who went from awkward wall flower to snotty hottie.
A few years ago, she released the single "Faster Kill Pussycat," which became a dance club hit.
Her last big movie was "Sin City" in 2005.

Sad.... so young... :(

Melanie
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow.

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Forgot to add, she was also supposed to be the first voice of Tinkerbell, so she does have a Disney connection..

BluewaterBrad
12-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Sad indeed.:mickey:

PirateLover
12-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Very sad. She had not been looking good lately... poor thing. Rest in Peace.

tadshome
12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Very sad news

SBETigg
12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
She was really fun to watch in so many movies. Talented and adorable actress, great smile. I'm very sorry for her family and friends.

mjaclyn
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm really surprised...she was only 32 and I've read that she supposedly died of 'natural' causes. How can cardiac arrest at 32 be 'natural'?? Did she have some underlying health problems? I mean, the average 30 year old doesn't just drop dead of cardiac arrest.

I remember first seeing her in 'Almost Home' on the Disney channel which I really liked a lot. I've also enjoyed seeing her in the movies she's been in. I was really sad when I saw the headline on yahoo about her death. My heart goes out to her friends and family. :-(

Madame Leona
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
It's so sad. My dh was questioning "natural death" but it made me wonder if she had an eating disorder. That can wreak havoc on your body and heart.

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't want to spread rumors, but there are many reports about her "partying" habits... That could have played a part... But, she could have also had an undiagnosed condition.. I guess once the full autopsy is complete we'll get a real cause of the heart attack/cardiac arrest....

32 is just too young to go...

magicofdisney
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I was shocked to see this also. I can't believe the number of big name celebrities that have died this year.

PirateLover
12-21-2009, 12:31 AM
They are saying now that she did have type 2 diabetes, although that did not function in her death. Her husband did not want an autopsy, but there is no foul play suspected... She had been suffering from flu like symptoms, and there were lots of prescription meds found in the apartment.

DizneyFreak2002
12-21-2009, 12:54 AM
They are saying now that she did have type 2 diabetes, although that did not function in her death. Her husband did not want an autopsy, but there is no foul play suspected... She had been suffering from flu like symptoms, and there were lots of prescription meds found in the apartment.

Doesn't want an autposy??? Sorry, but that sounds like he wants something left hidden...

SBETigg
12-21-2009, 07:50 AM
They'll still do a toxicology report, which takes more time than they have had yet to get results. Remember it took some time to find out the combination of meds that killed Heath Ledger? And also, I remember Karen Carpenter's heart attack (a death of "natural" causes) was brought on by her excessive dieting habits.

It's a very unfortunate, sad loss. It could be that the husband wants to protect his wife's dignity and preserve better memories of her, and also there could be other reasons for refusing an autopsy. It's not always a cover-up. Though, I agree that it is odd and feeds tabloid speculation. SNL did a cutting Brittany Murphy impression/skit during the News a few weeks ago. I think they should feel pretty badly about that now. But who could know.

MNNHFLTX
12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow, this is the first I've heard about this. How tragic.... :(

Whatever the cause, there is nothing "natural" about someone dying at 32 years old.

GothMickey
12-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Heard about this. I was shocked. She was a decent actress. I enjoyed her in a few of her movies.