PDA

View Full Version : what makes yu sad about disney world

disneyboy 19
12-17-2009, 09:20 PM
:( i think its when ur on ur last day and ur in the park dreading the ride back to real life and and its over and u look back at the park one last time thats the sadest part.

Disney4us2
12-18-2009, 12:17 AM
First of all :welcome:to Intercot.

What makes me sad is that I am unable to go to WDW until my disability is approved and have to wait what seems like forever. On the good side. Disneyland is just an hour drive for us:mickey:

tadshome
12-18-2009, 01:17 AM
:welcome: to Intercot

We all get very sad when we leave the parks and check out of our resort. For us we know that it will be 2 years before we can go back again and when driving away from the resort we are all want to :cry:

But we remind ourselves that we are very lucky to be able to go every 2 years when there are many people that are unable to even go just once.

droopy d.
12-18-2009, 07:07 AM
of course leaving the world and knowing this might be my last trip to the world since my DS is getting older and thinks it is for little kids he would prefer bigger and faster rides.

Dragongirlx
12-18-2009, 07:29 AM
What makes me sad is that I can only afford to go once a year as the cost for travelling from the UK to Disney is too much for me to do more than once.
And
:welcome: to intercot

tazlikesrobots
12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
What makes me sad is not being able to be there when I want to!

disneymom15
12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
:welcome:I agree, the saddest part is leaving. I always hate that final walk through the resort to catch the Magical Express.

daisyhead
12-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Watching Wishes, looking at the Castle, and knowing it's out "last night" there.

Walking out, looking over my should at my resort, with my rice krispies in my carry-on bag.

Stopping at Downtown Disney to buy a tshirt has become our tradition when we leave. It now feels like cleaning up the wrapping paper when Christmas is over.

Sitting on the plane, munching on one of those Rice Krispies and watching Florida disappear as we head into the clouds. Once I've eaten the ears off the treat, I know it's over.

SIGH. Depressing.

Thanks goodness when I get home, I can go through my photos, my DD's autographs, scrapbook the trip, visit Intercot, drink from my refillable mug to remind me, and start planning the next one..... as far off as it may be. :mickey:

EpcotChic23
12-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Mine is when on the Magical express bus and they play the video and all the charcters sing "now its time to say goodbye...." gets me all the time.

hardingella
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Paying for all thats been charged to our room during our vacation:sob:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Knowing my mom and sister are going in March and my son and I can't go.:(

Ms. Mode
12-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Oh yeah, when family is going I can't go...bumber :(

LudwigVonDrake
12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
When I leave Magic Kingdom on the last day of my trip. Time to go back to the real world :(

divinedi
12-30-2009, 12:06 PM
The saddest part is not knowing when I'll be able to go again.......laid off in July......no job as yet........sad, sad.......:(

IloveDisney71
12-30-2009, 10:27 PM
The saddest thing for me is knowing that some people will never get to experience the magic of WDW. There is nothing else like it anywhere.

The second saddest thing is that it's been two years since I've visited but I get to go in Feb! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
12-31-2009, 03:43 PM
For me one of the saddest things is seeing other families checking in to start their magical week while we are headed out the door. I am happy for them, but its always so sad to see the excitment in their faces, and the faces of their children as they begin their vacation and we are ending ours. I think because, for me, checking into our resort at the very beginning of our vacation is one of the most exciting parts of our vacation. Just knowing that we are there for a week or longer, and thinking of all the fun that's instore for us....just can't beat that feeling.

tadcd
01-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Illuminations makes me cry. It is so beautiful, and powerful, it reminds me of being a little girl watching fireworks shows with my Dad. My Dad's 5 year anniversary of passing away is in early February. We'll be in WDW in a couple of weeks which will hopefully lift the grief a bit, but still those fireworks will be hard.

Genie1953
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
I think watching Wishes on the last evening there is especially sad.....and then walking out of the park. Another sad time is leaving your resort for the last time. In 2005 there was a wonderful CM (elderly gentleman) out in front of POR. He saw that we were leaving and insisted on using our camera to take a picture of us in front of the resort....he was so thorough with taking that picture....in fact he took a number of them for us...wanting to make sure that the picture was just perfect. So in the end even though it was sad we were leaving we were glad that gentleman was there to take the pictures.

KylesMom
01-06-2010, 12:37 AM
. . . seeing parents who yell at their children who are simply scared / overwhelmed / tired and don't know how to react to the incredible things going on around them. DH and I swore, during my first trip/honeymoon at the age of 25, that we wouldn't be like what we saw back then. Nineteen years later, with an almost 12-year old of our own, I'm glad we aren't. But we still see the same knee-jerk reaction from the parents. :(

c&d
01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
When we arrive at the airport and you see people asking for the Magcial Express bus location. It's just not fair.

MushuGrl
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
The monorail spiel that welcomes you if you are just arriving, and wishing you a safe trip home if you're leaving...it's all good when you get there, but when you're leaving and you're like "Oh that's ME now..." it makes me sad. :(

Jeniflower
01-06-2010, 10:53 AM
seeing the Disney store in Orlando airport before we go to our gate and knowing that is my last Disney memory for another year.

It's cold, there is snow on the ground, and its nine long months to Disney world :snowman:

ToraTory
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
For me, it's the same as everyone else, the leaving part. But lately I've been kind of sad at my hubby's attitude. I am lucky in that I visted twice last year as well as the year before (my daughter is a cast member so I get to visit her). However, the past few visits my hubby has been like, "yeah ok let's ride something", or "you really want to do that again, we saw that last trip". He's a great guy but he just doesn't get my attraction (addiction) to WDW. He actually said that during our next trip he wants to go to Universal instead. I was heart broken. It will probably be the first trip ever where he does his thing and I do mine. I find this kind of sad. :cry: