PDA

View Full Version : Will MLK day affect the crowds later in the week?

ariel1014
12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi

I am planning a trip and was looking at arriving the evening of Wed Jan 20th thru Monday Jan 25th. MLK is on Monday the 18th and I know the crowds will be heavier that Monday and the weekend prior. Will the MLK holiday affect the crowds later in the week?

TheRustyScupper
12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
1) Don't worry about it.
2) MLK does not really impact WDW.
3) Monday has more folks due to locals.
4) But, it doesn't really add that many vacationers.

hokies4life
12-18-2009, 06:46 AM
We'll be down there from the 16th-23rd, and we're not worrying about it. Even MLK weekend, because we figure that most of the crowds will be locals since its only a long weekend and most schools will be back in session. We've been at the high crowd times, so for us, we don't mind dealing with it either way. It's our first time in Jan so we'll see how it goes. :mickey:

:chipdale:

LVT
12-18-2009, 08:17 AM
I am just outgrowing "Spring Break". I will be happy to read your January's trip report. Thanks

Gator
12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I've got my fingers crossed. I fly in the day after MLK. I'm sure it won't be as bad as summer and other holidays.

CaptSmee
12-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I've been during MLK week. No impact whatsoever was noticeable.

Gator
12-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing we'll see even less locals at MK during that week...now that the castle is being refurbed.

Melanie
12-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm guessing we'll see even less locals at MK during that week...now that the castle is being refurbed.

I doubt that'd matter to locals who go a lot and can see the Castle at any time.

Just FYI - we're local (about an hour away) and our school system has Monday and Tuesday off that week.

JPL
12-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I was there 2 years ago on MLK weekend and the crowds were slightly larger than I expected but the parks were also open later and the cooler temps had the parks emptying out early in the evening I was actually able to stay Peter Pan and ride around 2nd time without getting off during EMHs of course it was about 40 degrees and breezy that night and most people were long gone:D