PDA

View Full Version : Which cell phone service has text parental controls?

Cinderelley
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I remember seeing a commercial for cell phones that you can get copies of your kids' texts and calls even after they've deleted them. I thought it was Verizon, but now I can't find it on their website. Does anyone know?

VWL Mom
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
With Verizon you cannot get a copy of the actual text but you can view the numbers they are texting to and if they contain pics or video. Also you can view downloads.

tiggers_1
12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Verizon has a usage control suite that runs about $5 a month per line. It includes voice & message limits you can set per month, time that lets you set usage to a certain time of day or week, number block, and trusted numbers.

wdw_bound
12-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Verizon has a usage control suite that runs about $5 a month per line. It includes voice & message limits you can set per month, time that lets you set usage to a certain time of day or week, number block, and trusted numbers.

AT&T has this same service. Don't know about being able to view actual messages, but you can view usage data. It is about $5/mo.

Genie1953
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
We have ATT and so does my daughter. She has parental controls over her children's text and phone calls. For example....she has it set up that they are unable to make phone calls during school hours. She also has it set up so that they cannot text at all during the week....they can text on weekends only. Has worked out great for them. I think she is able to control exactly who they can text and call and during what hours. I was pretty impressed.