PDA

View Full Version : Non expiration tickets

Dyanna
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
We are planning on heading back to DW in Jan of 2011. Want to goto the parks for a total of 5 days. The next trip after that would be in 2013. Looking into purchasing 10 day non expiring park passes (non park hopping option) to cover both trips. I see that I would only be saving about $50 per pass if I chose this route. Is it really worth it? Has anyone ever done this that can give me their opinion. It seam that the less days I choose for this option the less the non expiring fee is. Hmmmmmm????

Zippy 1
12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I would assume that this would be a good deal in the long run. If park tickets go up each year won't you be saving because you already have them?

caryrae
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah, who knows what price tickets will have gone up by then plus that is one less expense you will need to worry about in 2013.

DizneyRox
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Only $50 per pass is pretty significant.

Keep in mind, the no expiration is based ont he total number of days on the ticket, not days remaining. Adding no expiration with only 3 days left on a 10 day pass costs the same as adding no expiration to a 10 day pass with 8 days left.

Also, you can only upgrade the ticket within 14 days of first use. So, in 2013 you won't be able to add options to that ticket, you'll be "stuck" with whatever you decided to do to that ticket on the first trip (like adding park hopping, etc).

CleveRocks
12-16-2009, 08:46 PM
We are planning on heading back to DW in Jan of 2011. Want to goto the parks for a total of 5 days. The next trip after that would be in 2013. Looking into purchasing 10 day non expiring park passes (non park hopping option) to cover both trips. I see that I would only be saving about $50 per pass if I chose this route. Is it really worth it? Has anyone ever done this that can give me their opinion. It seam that the less days I choose for this option the less the non expiring fee is. Hmmmmmm????I'm seeing different prices than you are.

I'm seeing that a 5-day base pass costs $228, and a 10-day non-expiring pass costs $452.

With these numbers, two separate 5-day passes cost a total of $456, which realizes only a FOUR DOLLAR savings per pass.

But even if it were $50 per pass savings, I still don't think I'd go for it, personally. For that $50 savings, Disney holds onto my money for 2 whole years between trips, AND there's always the possibility I could lose the ticket in two years' time, or leave it at home when I leave for my trip.

But for a $4 savings, there's NO WAY I'd buy the No Expiration option.

lindique
12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
In addition to what CleveRocks said, buying that ticket would lock you into only a 5 day trip next time. If you wanted to stay longer, you would have to pay full price for the additional tickets (after the first few days, which are pretty much at full price, the rest of the days are only $3 each.)

I would think about waiting for a deal which includes rooms and tickets. Sometimes you can get a discount on the on the room if you buy a package. Of course nothing is out yet for 2011, but January is low season - they usually advertise some sort of discount for that period.

PETE FROM NYC
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Before our latest trip this past September, we had 14 days worth of old non-expiring tickets each for DW and me. What we always did was to buy our next trip passes before we left.
Then for the next bunch of trips,we stayed on propety with length of stay passes. The tickets were always put away so we never lost them. WDW is very money hungry and always raising prices. I am a firm believer in getting the passes early if it does not cause any hardship.