PDA

View Full Version : No more Mickey plates for Kids meals!!!

SoaringEpcot
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
When did Disney stop serving the kids meals in the Mickey:mickey: plates? In 2007 every kids meal we ordered in the parks came with a plastic Mickey head plate. My mom even kept many of them and still uses them for my boys when we go to my parents house. This time the kids meals were served on oval shaped paper plates. I guess it is a cost saving measure, but I miss the Mickey plates.

jwildflower1981
12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Awwww.......I was looking forward to geting one for my DD next year. :(
More cost cutting but price rising.

Belster
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep!! I posted this same question back in August...we have always saved them. My kids still eat off of them. I have held that secret of keeping them as the very best Intrcot tip I have ever learned!

The plates were there is 10/08 when we went. When my friend went in August they were already gone...and when we went in 10/09 they were still nowhere in site. :(

Lakin
12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
When I went to get my Mickey Waffle, I was kind of hoping it to be on a Mickey plate. :-o

Tink1
12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
This is part of Disney's GREEN initiative as well. Those plates were difficult to recycle and would live forever in a landfill.

Think how many they went through in a day!

Nanc

BrerGnat
12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
They still use these at Disneyland in some locations, although, they MOSTLY use a little box that has cartoon images of some rides in DL, with the characters on them. I like the boxes personally. The food gets put on a little piece of Disney waxed paper, and you can lift the whole thing out and place it on a table like a placemat, which is great for toddlers. They are recyclable too and keep the food warm while you are getting to your table, and they are easy to stack on a tray if you are purchasing multiple meals.

WDW should switch to those boxes!

magicofdisney
12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
They still use these at Disneyland in some locations, although, they MOSTLY use a little box that has cartoon images of some rides in DL, with the characters on them. I like the boxes personally. The food gets put on a little piece of Disney waxed paper, and you can lift the whole thing out and place it on a table like a placemat, which is great for toddlers. They are recyclable too and keep the food warm while you are getting to your table, and they are easy to stack on a tray if you are purchasing multiple meals.

WDW should switch to those boxes!
WDW definitely needs this. Sometimes I get stuck trying to carry two trays (with the help of my kids) because they can't figure out how to get all of our food on one tray.