PDA

View Full Version : chronological challenge

Bass T-bone
12-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Ok, here's the challenge...

Who can give the chronological order to the attractions in the Magic Kingdom?

I know that Carousel of Progress would be one of the first (oldest) attractions. There would be several I'm sure that came out at about the same time. (Snow White's Scary Adventures & Peter Pan???)

The Tiki room is half original...

Well, anybody up for the challenge? What I'm mostly interested is in the rides that have stood the test of time and are "original" rides. That is to say, rides which Walt himself would recognize.

tazlikesrobots
12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
It's a small world?? How about the hall of presidents?

Bass T-bone
12-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway?

AHOTE
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I remembered seeing a list online and here it is: :) Hope this helps!
Magic Kingdom Opening Day Attractions,
Shops & Restaurants:

Walt Disney World Railroad: including the Walter E. Disney (#1), the Lilly Belle (#2), and the Roger E. Broggie (#3) locomotives

Town Square: Town Square Cafe
Main Street transportation: Fire truck, Horse-drawn street cars, Horseless carriages, Jitney vehicle, & Omnibus

Main Street: Market House store, Camera Center, Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner, House of Magic shop, Penny Arcade attraction, Main Street Confectionery shop, Emporium store, Main Street Bake Shop, New Century Clock Shop, Main Street Cinema attraction, & Crystal Palace Restaurant

Adventureland: Adventureland Veranda restaurant, Jungle Cruise attraction, Swiss Family Tree House attraction, & Sunshine Pavilion attraction (also known as Tropical Serenade) sponsored by the Florida Citris Growers

Bear Country: Country Bear Jamboree attraction

Fantasyland: Dumbo Flying Elephants attraction, Mad Tea Party attraction, Snow White's Adventures attraction, Pinocchio Village Haus restaurant, Cinderella's Golden Carrousel attraction, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride attraction, Mickey Mouse Revue Audio-Animatronics musical attraction, It's a Small World attraction, & Skyway to Tomorrowland attraction

Frontierland: Frontier Shooting Gallery, Frontier Trading Post shop, Pecos Bill Cafe restaurant, Mike Fink Keel Boats attraction, Mile Long Bar, Diamond Horseshoe Revue attraction

Liberty Square: Hall of Presidents attraction, Columbia Harbor House restaurant, Heritage House shop, Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant, & Haunted Mansion attraction

Tomorowland: Skyway to Fantasyland attraction, Grand Prix Raceway attraction, Mickey's Mart store, & Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant

Cinderella Castle: King Stefan's Banquet Hall