PDA

View Full Version : Refurb List

Giggy
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
How early do WDW publish refurb lists before a ride closes? We're going late August/early September and from discussion on here I get the impression that Mickey's Toontown Fair will have closed for the Fantasyland expansion by then. There was also rumours of the Walt Disney World Railroad closing for a while as well while the work is going on.

As on our first day we've ALWAYS started by taking the Walt Disney World Railroad and then going to Toontown. So it would be a bit sad if one was closed, and even moreso if both were. :(

For what it's worth there won't be any complaints/moaning from me if that is the case. We're aware that they have to close things if they want to do refubs or make improvements. Also as we're going right at the end of the summer it's probable that something will be down so they can get it in top shape just before Christmas. When we went last time (2004) It's a Small World was closed, so haven't seen that since 2001! There is plenty at Disney so we found other things to do. It would just be a bit sad this time as it would mean breaking with family tradition.

Strmchsr
12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
There is no set time limit on how far in advance they announce things. My guess is, since it's going away permanently, ToonTown will definitely be closed by August, but that's only a guess. They have not announced an official timetable on when things will change. To get the new Fantasyland done in time, though, I would think ToonTown would have to be gone by then. The railroad, no way of knowing. I wouldn't think it would have to go down for too long, but they haven't said anything no it just yet.