PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans / Princess and the Frog

ShanPooh
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Feel free to move this if it's not in the right forum ;)

I've been thinking...
What about a little bit of the Princess and the Frog tying-in/theming at Port Orleans?
I know it depends on how successful it is at the box office (only the first weekend) and there is already "Tiana's Riverboat Jubilee" (but only until January 3rd)

Of course I'm not talking about three story tall alligators and frogs. I was thinking of things a bit more subdued - little things from the movie that also fit in with the Port Orleans theme.

What do you all think?

mom2morgan
12-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't think I'd be a fan. I love POR for it's elegant theming - in my opinion, the moderates are a different experience because they DON'T go in for "movie" theming. If that is what I was after, I'd want to find it at the All-Stars or other values...I stay at the moderates to get a bit of a break from relentless "movie" stuff.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I think you're reading my DH's mind!

Last night, when we driving home from a party, he asked "do you think Port Orleans will get some of the stuff from the new movie". We came to the conclusion that they probably wouldn't add much around the resort, but might have a good selection of merchandise in the gift shop.

RockinRobin
12-13-2009, 02:22 PM
We were just at PO last week I don't remember a lot but I wasn't looking for any, I don't have any small children. But they were giving out special book marks for the movie at the gift shop when you made a purchase.

garymacd
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think I'd be a fan. I love POR for it's elegant theming - in my opinion, the moderates are a different experience because they DON'T go in for "movie" theming. If that is what I was after, I'd want to find it at the All-Stars or other values...I stay at the moderates to get a bit of a break from relentless "movie" stuff.

Aren't some of the rooms at CBR now done up as Pirate rooms? I thought that was a tie-in to Pirates of the Caribbean.

As for POR and POFQ theming, I also love it the way it is.

Melanie
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
When we were there last month, I noticed signage on the railings out in the public area behind the lobby (between the food court and gift shop). So there is a bit of themeing, just not really 'in your face'. And definitely a lot of merchandise in the shop.

Lakin
12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I was thinking the EXACT same thing as I was walking around POFQ 3 weeks ago. The story takes place in New Orleans, so you'd think they'd have some theming around. I saw some slips of paper advertising the movie in the food quart and a table of PatF things in the gift shop, but that was about it.

BigThunderFan
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
We saw the movie tonight and actually really liked it! The whole time however I was wondering if they were going to do some theming at PO. I think a restaurant based on the movie or at least with some theming from the movie would be neat if the box office goes well.
Don't think the whole resort should be changed though.

swampfox28
12-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I was thinking the EXACT same thing as I was walking around POFQ 3 weeks ago. The story takes place in New Orleans, so you'd think they'd have some theming around. I saw some slips of paper advertising the movie in the food quart and a table of PatF things in the gift shop, but that was about it.

We were at POFQ around the same time and saw quite a bit of theming (!?!?!?)

As you exited the lobby going towards the pool and different buildings, there were signs on all the lampposts as well as decorations and signs on the metal verandah railings. We also saw some decorations in the lobby.

Also, not at POFQ, but at MK, the Liberty Boat paddleboat was decorated completely for Princess and the Frog because there was Tiana's Riverboat Jamboree (or something like that) which was quite cute.

However, I think they could have done MORE decorating at the hotel without it being "over the top" or overdoing it. It's a good idea. As someone from Louisiana who lived most of my life in New Orleans, I can say they did a GREAT job with the movie and authenticity. We saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it!

-Sarah

#1donaldfan
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
....I just loved the way the movie reminded me of POR, both Riverside and the FQ !! From the beginets, to the mansions, it was a total and complete reminder, to me, of where we need to be !!! I'm getting the Disney blues and will have to wait till June.....at least our 180 day date is coming up real soon.....:ill:

rachel_future_candy_maker
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
i agree, i like PO the way it is, but you have to admit, the movie was the best disney movie i've seen in a long time! i can definitely picture PO having some of the movie elements tied in with the resort, but i don't think it will change too drastically...i would think there might be character meet and greets from the movie-maybe at the restaurants?? Loved the movie, love PO!!

:frog::turtle::whistle: