PDA

View Full Version : Kilimanjaro Safari - Big Red & Little Red

Zawadi
12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Last week I noticed that the audio track of Wilson Matua has been shortened and the references of the baby and mother elephants as "Little Red" and "Big Red" respectively are no longer present.

When did Disney change the audio track?

Gator
12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Must have been recently. I remember them using it last December, and no one else has mentioned it here. Interested to see if it's temporary or permanent when I'm there in Jan.

WDWfanatic742
12-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I was beginning to think that it was at the beginning of this year but after looking online, they were testing the new audio back when they added the 9th rows back in May 2007. So it's been in the last few years. I can't seem to find an exact date on it...

Melanie
12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I remember it being discussed here on INTERCOT. I'll try and find the info.

Melanie
12-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Here is the thread from back in '07, so the change has been in place for over 2 years.

"New" Safari (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116453&highlight=safari)

WDWfanatic742
12-12-2009, 03:48 PM
So I knew I wasn't crazy when I heard the new one in October 2007...

Zawadi
12-12-2009, 04:30 PM
back when they added the 9th rows back in May 2007.

Yes, the 9th row of seats.........
On our safari last weeek, we, (2 adults) had the "pleasure" of sitting there. It was a great position for turning round to take photos, but several times throughout the journey we were launched from one side of the vehicle to the other. (DH weighs around 200lbs and was launched into the air)
We came away feeling that the back row should have seatbelts!
Do they let children sit there?

Dizneydreamin'
12-12-2009, 06:02 PM
We were just there in August and sat in the back row with DD6 & DS4. Awesome photos, but we bounced out of our seats several times. My son was on my lap and we both bounced up high several times!!

Melanie
12-12-2009, 06:21 PM
We rode back row this past summer. Not only do you get bounced, you also aren't shaded well from the sun. :sun:

Zawadi
12-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Here is the thread from back in '07, so the change has been in place for over 2 years.

Thanks for this. I remember most of those changes (cuts): spotter plane audio including the "tommies" line, the poachers car (the rusting track is still there) and the warden at the recovery scene. I must have been too busy taking photos (thank goodness for digital cameras :)) to pick up the omission of "Big Red" & "Little Red"

DizneyRox
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I believe Mrs. Jobson is gone as well...

seanyred
12-12-2009, 10:35 PM
We were just there this past November, and I also noticed the change. To be honest I didn't miss the original audio that much. I'm on the ride to watch for animals, I prefer to let the animals be the story.

Joannelet
12-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I noticed the absence of little red audio on my last visit :( I missed it this time....LITTLE RED IS OKAY!
oh well. And speaking of bouncy my 1 year old somehow let the "bouncyness" put him to sleep. I have no idea how...I had to pass him over to my hubby for how bouncy it was I was afraid of his little head bopping around sooo much it made me nervous.Plus I am a lightweight so I was flying all over the place. Thank god I sat in the center (I had to though since i had the baby) I dont' think I'd recommend this to itty bitty's anymore.....I was so worried about the baby that I didn't enjoy it as much.
He was okay of course and somehow was in a deep sleep.....people were laughing that such a ride could put him to sleep...but it did. :) I think I'm in for a lot with this little guy...he is one tough kid! LOL

darthmacho
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Yep, "Little Red is okay!" was one of our most quotable lines in WDW. It's a shame it is gone. :(

WedWay Peoplemover
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
While it is a subtle change.. it is much better... allowing more flexibility for the driver to speak about what animals are actually visible and not visible in any area.

at least they kept the music.. although it has changed locations (moved up by about 1 or 2 minutes)