PDA

View Full Version : 999,999 on Buzz

Disnamic Duo
12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Has anyone ever gotten this score. It's what my wife got when we went on BLSS last month. It's as high a score an you can get - there are only 6digits on the LED screen. She wasn't doing too good - I was getting much higher scores - so I gave her a tip to shoot at things far away. She's a good student. First time through after my advice, and she gets 999,999... about 1/2 way through the ride! Blew me outta the water!

Buttercup
12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow! So what is she then, a "Space Ace"? I don't even know what the category is for 999,999!

Disnamic Duo
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hmmm, good question. I think it might have been "Intergalactic Hero". Does that sound right? Anyone know?

brookview
12-11-2009, 03:55 PM
uh I'm 2 away from space ace last i remember:fit: well uh congrats....

sillyolbear
12-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I actually got 999,999 the last week of October on our last visit. It help mightily that the ride stopped in the turret room for a couple of minutes.

Imagineer1981
12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
There are a few random ones that are worth several thousand when you hit them, so its possible, just have to be aimed perfectly

Tink1
12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
My husband got 999,999 on our last trip. He has no idea how, but he loved rubbing it in.

Nanc

Basket Mommy
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
My husband has gotten that score a couple of times. He read on a different website where the good targets are and tries to hit them every time we go.

wdwjoe
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I have gotten it before but it was because the ride stopped in the volcano room. I have always beat my wife on this ride and it became her least favorite ride at MK.

A couple of weeks ago, while on it, I looked over at her score as we exited the volcano room and she reached 999,999 without the ride stopping. My jaw about hit the floor :jaw:. She all of a sudden likes the ride and was very smug the rest of the day.

garymacd
12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
My husband got 999,999 on our last trip. He has no idea how, but he loved rubbing it in.

Nanc

My wife, too. On both the score and the boasting.

Ian
12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Wow! So what is she then, a "Space Ace"? I don't even know what the category is for 999,999!

Hmmm, good question. I think it might have been "Intergalactic Hero". Does that sound right? Anyone know?Close ... it's just Galactic Hero.

And yes I've gotten 999,999 ... in fact, now that I know where all the choice targets are I score that pretty much all the time.

Here's one even better ... more than once while riding by myself I've scored 999,999 on both guns for a grand total of 1,999,998!

There's no category for that. ;)

beksy
12-11-2009, 07:41 PM
We never seem to score very high--could be because we focus too much on spinning it around! :blush:

Buttercup
12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Here's one even better ... more than once while riding by myself I've scored 999,999 on both guns for a grand total of 1,999,998!
There's no category for that. ;)
We should make up a category Ian! Let's call it "ULTIMATE SUPREME BEING". :D :mickey:
Now I'm going to have to search online for these special targets so that I can show off for my husband. :thumbsup:

TikiLounger
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
OMG! I can't believe you mentioned this! I always do worse than anyone in my family but, on our last trip in Sept., I got 999,999! Hubs was blown away. He never even got close!

Ian
12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
We should make up a category Ian! Let's call it "ULTIMATE SUPREME BEING". :D :mickey:
Now I'm going to have to search online for these special targets so that I can show off for my husband. :thumbsup:Tell you what ... since you were soooooo kind in calling me the "ULTIMATE SUPREME BEING" and since it's the holiday season and I'm feeling generous I'll share my target secrets with you. ;)

In the very first room, there are two targets worth 100,000 points. One is on the hand on the big robot on the left (it's the hand facing you). This one moves up and down, so it's kind of tricky. I aim for this one the minute I get into the room and shoot it as many times as possible before you pass by.

As soon as you pass by the robot, spin all the way around backwards and look up and to the left. "The Claw" is hanging from the ceiling ... the target under the claw is also worth 100,000 points. Nail that one until you can't see it any more.

As soon as it's out of sight, turn around and sight in on the target on top of the volcano. That one is worth 25,000 points and it's pretty easy to hit all the way through the room.

If you follow these instructions, have a decent gun (i.e. one where it's easy to see where you're shooting), and a good aim you should have 999,999 before you leave the second room.

If not, then shoot targets along the way (the jack in the box is a good one) until you get to the first room with Zurg. There are two targets hanging about midway back on the wall on either side (right and left). Both these are worth 25,000 points each and should help you finish off your 999,999.

If that fails ... here's a big secret ... in the room with the movie screen on the left hand side (about where the alien that bounces back and forth lands) there is a hidden target worth 100,000 points. It's very hard to see the first time, but if you look for it on your way through once you should be able to find it and hit it next time. The easiest time to see it is when the alien swoops in over it.

If you haven't gotten it by now, don't waste your time in room with the camera. It's almost impossible to get any decent points in there. Just go back around and try again!

BlueTinky
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I got it once and it was by surprise. I was riding with my mom and didn't notice my score until my mom told me to look at my score. It was 999,999 and I had no idea how I got that. I got it very early on and didn't do much shooting after that since there was no thrill since my points couldn't go higher. No matter how much I've tried since that, I haven't gotten it again. I guess I'll just have to keep going back :mickey:

IloveDisney71
12-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I got 999,999 one time and have the picture to prove it. I rubbed it in so bad because my husband didn't get anywhere close to that score. :number1: It was great but I haven't ever gotten close to that again.

mouseketeer mom
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
My daughter Khloe got the 999,999 score on our last visit. She usually stinks at this game and she has not a clue how she scored this at all! We were all floored. We feel like she must've hit an unknown target by chance to get such a score on Buzz.

magicofdisney
12-13-2009, 04:59 AM
If that fails ... here's a big secret ... in the room with the movie screen on the left hand side (about where the alien that bounces back and forth lands) there is a hidden target worth 100,000 points. It's very hard to see the first time, but if you look for it on your way through once you should be able to find it and hit it next time. The easiest time to see it is when the alien swoops in over it.

If you haven't gotten it by now, don't waste your time in room with the camera. It's almost impossible to get any decent points in there. Just go back around and try again!
In that room, there is a target on the right side as well but I'm not sure of the point value. I thought they were the same.

Ian
12-13-2009, 08:20 AM
In that room, there is a target on the right side as well but I'm not sure of the point value. I thought they were the same.Oh wow I didn't know that. I'll have to look for it the next time through!

AdventurerKim
12-13-2009, 09:00 AM
We frequently get 999,999 and know all the targets already mentioned. What's depressing for us is that my parents (who are in their 60's) can sit in a ride car each alone and get 999,999 on BOTH guns! How they can aim better than us for both guns is a mystery to us! Sometimes I can't even see where my laser is hitting.

Bethanymouse
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
On our honeymoon this summer, I hit 999,999 one of our first rides of our trip. We literally rode it about 20 times after so Anthony could try and do the same......he never succeeded....but I managed to hit it over and over and over.....:mickey::secret::mickey:

MushuGrl
12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
This is an Olympic sport for us! I am currently the champ as I scored 999,999 on our last trip. The former champ almost came from behind with 850,000.

And I have no idea how I Forrest Gumped my way into it because I'm usually in last place, grumpin' all the way.

alex61821
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
the sad part is once you have reached that score, you get nothing else. so i find it kind of boring for the rest of the ride.

cardinalsfan_98
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Just this past Nov. I scored 999,999 with my DD11 in the spaceship...needless to say, she was very bummed out, but later that trip, she scored 999,999 and was absolutely glowing...now she is the reigning champ (until we go back next year)...it was pretty amazing...

brookview
12-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Hmmm, good question. I think it might have been "Intergalactic Hero". Does that sound right? Anyone know?
yeah I just remembered that after i posted :blush:

SoaringEpcot
12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Not a 999,999 but last week while we were there I got a 848,400 that is an all time high for me. Guess I have a way to go.

MickeyMousse
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
My DS8 got 912,990 on it during our last trip...the CM made up a special pin with the score and "Cosmic Commander" written on it. He was very excited and proud!:mickey:

Greenlawler
12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
the sad part is once you have reached that score, you get nothing else. so i find it kind of boring for the rest of the ride.

Agreed been there done that myself

mdhiggin
12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
DH and DS are very competitive at this, but I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn. I usually just blame it on faulty equipment and not my mad "Buzz" skills.

Fangorn
12-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I achieved Galactic Hero rank (not for the first time) just the day before yesterday. What was unusual about it this time was I managed it before we were even half-way through the first room. I know I hit the robot's hand multiple times, but it scored as hitting 6 times. When I turned around, I hit something randomly and went to over 900K. one more hit and I was done. Logically, I'm pretty sure my gun's feedback system was malfunctioning in my favor. I will, however, accept the "win". Making my DS (24yo) look weak by comparison in front of his girlfriend - priceless. :mickey:

Steve