PDA

View Full Version : It's Candy Cane Time at Disneyland!

NotaGeek
12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
One of the sweetest and mintiest traditions at the Disneyland Resort is happening this weekend ... the Candy Palace on Main Street has their candy makers helping with the Christmas Spirit by making their famous homemade candy canes!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Get there at opening and line up first thing! There are only about 40 candy canes per batch and there is a limit of 2 per person (they use a "ticket" system so I think you won't have to stand there the whole time)! They are huge and a tad expensive at $9.95 each, but evidently they taste amazing ... and look really cool, too!

You can watch a video of the process HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/a-lost-art-making-candy-canes-at-disneyland/).

Magic Smiles
12-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for posting. The video was great. Really makes me want to hop, better still :teleport: on over to DL and both watch and of course sample one. Knowing me I would stand there for the 2 hours watching them. Unfortunately I can't :(

kakn7294
12-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Saw this on Food Network on the show Guy did about the holiday food at Disneyland. It really made me wish I could be there and see this (and snag a candy cane!). Maybe someday...