PDA

View Full Version : Better than , or it was the christmas air?

villavic
12-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Last year I started a thread about what you miss from old Magic Kingdom, later I posted about other park big missings (Mickey Mouse Review, original Discovery Island, If you had wings, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, America the Beautiful, Horizons, etc.)

I just arrived from WDW, though weather last week was not so good, I enjoyed a lot, and I may say it is greater than ever. I still miss some attractions, specially those I enjoyed when I was 7 (my first visit!).

Or maybe it was the christmas ingredients at parks, but anyway the whole Walt Disney World is beautiful these days. CBR was a great choice. Osborne Family lights at DS cool. Mickey's party.. parade, lighted castle and fireworks.. stunning! plus Christmas songs at World Showcase, etc.

And the new or modified rides or those I've seen for my first time: Soaring, B&Beast musical, Pirates now with Jack Sparrow, Tiki room with birds from movies, so cool

Some closed attractions may have been a mistake, but the parks are great anyway.

Fortunately, don't know if it was because of the weather, lines were not that long.

dnickels
12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Good to hear you had such a great time! :thumbsup: I think that's one of the benefits of visiting less frequently (your sig shows 2003) -everything seems more fresh and exciting. Some of the people who go every year seem to be the ones who notice more things to complain about. Maybe that's just a case of ignorance is bliss but it's your happiness that's important. :mickey:

Gator
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Some of the people who go every year seem to be the ones who notice more things to complain about. Maybe that's just a case of ignorance is bliss but it's your happiness that's important. :mickey:

I agree. When I make a quick return visit, I seem to complain about things more. When I have a large gap, all I can think about is how great it is to be back.