PDA

View Full Version : 7 meals with dining plan 2 adults no kids ideas?

alex61821
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
We are doing a 20th wedding anniversary trip this jan and we are used to doing character meals or something the kids would enjoy. Looking for some good ideas for 2 freewheeling adults. We are pretty basic needs people, not drinkers and i never met a steak i didnt like. is there a really nice place for an anniversary? not concerned about where it is since we are taking it nice and slow this time.

BluewaterBrad
12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Yachtsman's Steakhouse is pretty nice. Cali Grill also. I personally like Fulton's a lot also.:mickey:

MissT
12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
California Grill Fillet is to die for and the atmosphere is too... go at fireworks time for the fantastic view. Enjoy!

PopeCharming
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Flying Fish Cafe at Boardwalk!

Gator
12-10-2009, 05:26 PM
The Coral Reef is a nice, dark place. You may be able to get a table next to the massive fish tank.

andreallybadeggs
12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Narcoossee's! Signature so will take 2 credits but we really like it; get an adr near Wishes! time.
Happy Anniversary :mickey:

PetefromRI
12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Ditto on the Flying Fish.I've heard that they actually have a very good steak there also.Raglan Road is alot of fun and of course Puck's for Sushi!

LibertyTreeGal
12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Another vote for Narcoosees! My fave!

If you only want to spend one credit, however, Le Cellier is always good.

Mysttree
12-10-2009, 07:30 PM
There are SO many wonderful choices...
Le Cellier for the steak lover, Chef de France, Bistro de Paris (haute cuisine)
Citricos or Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian are both totally amazing- tho Narc's is our fave. This is in fact where WE are going in Jan. for our 15th anniversary :secret:
I'd really like to try Jiko's- maybe someday...
CA Grill in Contemp. is amazing & we've enjoyed anniversary meals there too! great views!!!
My personal suggestion is to look at the menus & see what appeals most to you & your honey.
If you REALLY want to splurge- I'd suggest Victoria & Albert's...we WERE going to do this, but just can't this time! $$$
We have enjoyed Coral Reef in the past, though we felt the food was hit/miss on occasion- also depending on time of your ADR it is sometimes quiet & cozy or really noisy due to uncontrolled kiddos.

DVC2004
12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Jiko at AKL has a pretty awesome steak (and menu in general), Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, LeCellier in Epcot (Canada), Cali Grill, and Artist Point at WL are all good places for adults.

SBETigg
12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
There are lots of great choices-- definitely study menus and see what appeals to you personally. Victoria and Albert's is incredible, but not on the plan. I would choose two signatures and three 1 credit restaurants (and counter service or OOP to round out the rest).

My favorites--
Signatures (two credit):
California Grill, Narcoossee's
Also like-- Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, Citricos

One Credit:
Grand Floridian Cafe, Raglan Road.
Would love to try-- Sanaa, Kouzzina
Also like-- Rose & Crown, Chefs de France.

alex61821
12-11-2009, 10:15 AM
thanks for all the great ideas. do any of the 2 credit places require fancy dress? i like to pack light.

Hammer
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
All of the signature restaurants, which are 2 table service credits, have a dress code (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp). From a few reports surfacing on various sites, they have refused entry to people who have tried to enter wearing torn jeans.

Personally, and I know some of you disagree, I prefer for them to become stricter with enforcement of the dress code as I feel it does detract from the dining experience when people are inappropriately dressed.

alex61821
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks that helped a lot. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
I hope I'm not chiming in too late, but here are my romantic suggestions:

1. Artist Point
2. Maya Grill
(For both of the above, go around sunset and ask for a window seat, it's worth any potential wait.)
3. San Angel Inn
(Ask for a seat overlooking the river, for the same reason as above.)
4. Coral Reef
(Ask for a seat by the tank. The one drawback to this restaurant was that it was pretty noisy inside with all the kids. I don't know if it is always like that.)
5. Boma (You may prefer Jiko, but I've never tried that one.)
:mickey:

ElenitaB
12-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm going to add Artist Point (at the WL) to the one-credit list. And Kouzzina is definitely worth a visit.

SBETigg
12-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm going to add Artist Point (at the WL) to the one-credit list. And Kouzzina is definitely worth a visit.

Artist Point to the two credit list, I think you meant. Just to clarify. Your reviews are what made me want to try Kouzzina. It looks so good.

ElenitaB
12-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks, Sherri... that is what I meant. :blush: