PDA

View Full Version : Disney Studios for one day?

minnie-mouse
12-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Is it possible to do all of this in one day?
•Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Anim Crtyd)
•Playhouse Disney Live Show (Anim Crtyd)

LUNCH

•Beauty and the Beast (Sunset Blvd)
•Muppets 3-D (Strts of Amer)
•Honey Shrunk the Kids Play area (Strts of Amer)
•Toy Story Arcade (Strts of Amer)

KylesMom
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Absolutely. In fact, you'll have time for several more attractions if you plan to be there all day. You can FastPass VotLM, hit Playhouse Disney, go to the HIStK playground, see Muppetvision, get lunch, see BatB, and you'll have plenty of time for The Great Movie Ride, character Meet and Greets, etcetera. It doesn't sound like the main attractions of Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Rollercoaster, Star Tours or Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show is targeted for your age group. :)

Note that the "Toy Story Arcade" is housed within Pizza Planet & has a few games - but it isn't like the game rooms in the resorts . . .

WishingStar2006
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Depends on: 1) the number of hours that the park is open. In the not so busy times of year Hollywood Studios closes at 7:00 or 8:00 and 2) if you have gotten fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Without fast passes you could be in this line for more than an hour.

Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Yes, we have done all of this many times (well, except the Playhouse Disney part, DD is too old now).

I would plan around the shows that are on the least, so in our case Beauty and Beast. I would also grab a FastPass and fit in Toy Story Mania, and take some time for the Great Movie Ride.

Enjoy your day at the Studios :mickey:

KylesMom
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
if you have gotten fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Without fast passes you could be in this line for more than an hour.
Good point - I interpreted this as the Arcade within Pizza Planet - not the Toy Story Mania attraction!

This would definitely be your first FP of the day if you wanted to experience it! :mickey: However, you still shouldn't have any problems seeing this all in a 9-7 day plus a few other things.

MOJoe
12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Just to eliminate the confusion, maybe. But the Toy Story Arcade is in the Pizza Planet Restaurant, which is located on the Streets of America. Just as Kyle's Mom interpreted. Toy Story Mania is the wildly popular attraction that is located on Mickey Avenue. If your children are young, you should see both.

My family loves the Studios. With a little planning and an early arrival, you should have no problem doing everything on your list, with the exception of Beauty and the Beast, before lunch. Be sure not to miss the Block Party Bash, and Star Tours, if your children are tall enough.

Gator
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
As long as your NOT there on July 4, Christmas, or New Year's Eve. If it's a slow day, you'll be able to throw in some adult rides and maybe catch the live Indy stunt show.

rjmdds
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Absolutely! We were there last Friday when the park closed at 8pm. We arrived at the park at noon.We were able to do Little Mermaid, Star Wars, Playhouse Disney Live, Muppet Vision 3D, ate lunch, shopped, spent lots of time in the Animation Building seeing tons of characters, ate a sitdown meal at 50's Prime Time AND did Toy Story Mania So yes, you can do it. Have a blast.

mudpuppysmom
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Absolutely! If you do it right I'd say you could do this all by lunch possibly!

Buttercup
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah I'd say you could do that all in a half-day actually. And we tend to go during the busier times of the year. So plan on doing more than what you've got scheduled!

minnie-mouse
01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone. We have little ones so are expecting to get there when the park opens and stay til no longer than 3pm. I guess it is worth it to plan by the location of attractions within the park to help save time?

bruin1344
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
you should be able to, I can get DHS done in a half day but i usually skip most of the shows other than Indiana Jones, Muppets 3d, and Lights Motors Action

Tink#64
01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Your list sounds very doable, but you never know how the crowds & darling children will be! We always arrive at park opening & stay til park closing! It souns like a long day & it kind of is, but being the smallest park and lots of down time sitting during shows, it's not a hard day at all! Best of luck! :mickey: