PDA

View Full Version : can i really at universal?

sonkist32
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Can I really stay on site, buy the online 2 parks 7 day pass for 99 dollars and then just show my room key and get to the front of most lines? Do they only look at your room key or do they scan it thru something?
What's to stop you from getting someone's room key that just checked out and using it?

WDWfanatic742
12-08-2009, 08:14 PM
On the keys they print the check-in and check-out days.

DZNYGUY
12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
You really can basically do this. They print the date on your room key (as previously stated), and your key is a fastpass to every single ride as many times as you want.

We stayed at the Portofino Bay Hotel (beautiful!) and did this about 4 years ago...

NJGIRL
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
They do look at your room key each time you get on a ride so they are checking the date to avoid people using old room keys.

On a side note you can't beat the $99 price tag for 7 days, but remember it's 7 consecutive days.

ThanxForNoticin
12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
As stated above, they definitely check the room keys. I seem to remember they usually even phyically scan the keys at each attraction instead of manually looking at them.

And that current special for 7 days is a pretty good one - especially if you get the front-of-line privileges with staying at one of their hotels - hard to beat that.