PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter- here is my take (dec 2009)

gueli
12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi gang,
Just back from the world. we stayed for 7 days at POFQ.
Here are my thoughts-

What a great place. we stayed in building 4 (we did not make any requests, other than a higher floor) in room 4320. This building was convient to all amenities. We were facing the parking lot, but this had the added advantage of seeing the EPCOT fireworks at night.
The Mousekeeping staff was great. Our mousekeeper was named "Lila" and everyday that she worked my daughter got a different towel animal. It started off when we 1st walked into the room and there was 3 towels in the shape of Mickey. The next morning there were 2 birds in a nest, followed by a penguin, a dog and a cat. In between was a 'handbag' for my DD's doll. My DD was thrilled each time we came back to the room and we had discussed that Lila was there to clean, so if we got any cool things it was a bonus. My DD drew Lila a number of pictures to thank her.
The rooms were neat and tidy. a Thumbs up.
The resort is small, which is nice.
The pool and slide were also very well kept. We never had huge crowds at the pool (december will do that, but it was warm when we arrived).
The gift shop was small but reasonably stocked.
The dinning, which is counter service was adequate. Nothing to write home about, but certainly enough to start or end ones day. The beignets (spelling ?) were tasty- but lets face it they were fried dough with powdered sugar. How could that combo be bad ? :D
The bell service was responsive, as was the entire front desk area. For this the staff gets a complete Thumbs UP. Job well done. Heres a :high5:

side note- my DW hurt her foot after we arrived. I called Apple scooters and they had an ECV 1/2 hour later at our door. Wow I was floored. And with that DW was off to the parks again...

Well thanks for listening.
:beer:

ibrowse17
12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
We stayed at POFQ in Dec 2007, and enjoyed it as well. We really liked the theme and size of the place. Walking down the "streets" under the lamps each night was a nice way to end the day:thumbsup:

Gregandmel
12-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Thanks for your review! We are staying for the first time in April 2010 and sometimes I get worried when I read some negative input, but we are excited to try it and I appreciate the positive thoughts on it!! :mickey:

tadshome
12-08-2009, 02:55 AM
We stayed in French Quarter in August and we too loved it... Can't wait to go back :cloud9:

Ms. Mode
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the review, I think we're going to give Port Orleans a try next time :thumbsup:

Bass T-bone
12-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Nice review. We will be there next month!
:cloud9:

We have never stayed there and am looking forward to it.

DisneyGlutton
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
We stayed at POFQ in Dec 2007, and enjoyed it as well. We really liked the theme and size of the place. Walking down the "streets" under the lamps each night was a nice way to end the day:thumbsup:

:ditto: We've stayed there twice and never been disappointed with anything. The atmosphere is great--love the theming and gardens. Its nice and small, so the feet really appreciate it at the end of a long day at the parks.

caryrae
12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
We stayed there this past Oct for 4 days and we loved it as well. The themeing was very cool where it looks like small streets throughout the Resort with street lights and street signs. The boat to DTD was very nice, which made it nice since we get most of our souveniers from there. The gift shop is small but like I said we get our stuff at DTD so that didn't matter much it still had plenty of nice stuff.

RockinRobin
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
We just got back from WDW and we stayed at POFQ also in room 4306. We may have run into each other and not known it.lol I agree with all your review as we always stay at FQ we love this resort.

We are doing the bounce back deal for next Dec and staying 3 nights at FQ and 2 nights at Grand Florian. We can only afford GF with this deal. But the FQ will always be our home resort.

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the resort. Cool Mousekeeper, too! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Glad you had a good trip! We love POFQ too :mickey:

Melanie
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your review! We are staying for the first time in April 2010 and sometimes I get worried when I read some negative input, but we are excited to try it and I appreciate the positive thoughts on it!! :mickey:

Don't worry! That's what is so wonderful about Disney World accomodations - so many offerings with different themes! We tried FQ and didn't really care for it, but as you can see, there are many who love it. You will only know if you try it yourself.

To the OP, thanks for the review. Glad you had such a nice stay. :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

gueli
12-12-2009, 08:19 AM

I think you will have a nice time.
I too questioned my decesion, based on some other reports, but in the end the entire family was thrilled.
Also, look at how many people have said that they stayed there or were going to.
:mickey:

I like the feel of this small resort. Well worth it...:beer:

snowflakegirl
12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the review! I was considering this resort for my vacation in August and I'm glad to read such a glowing recommendation ;-)