PDA

View Full Version : Whats the wait for TSM these days?

disneykid@hrt
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Our first day we plan on hitting DHS at around 1:30 - 2:00. I am hoping to ride TSM, without waiting forever! We have ADR's and Fantasmic! in there that day too, so a 2 hour wait just will not do.

Are the FP's still running out early- and how long are the avarage wait times these days for mid-afternoon? Muchas Gracias! :mickey:

dizneegirl71
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
DH and I were at DHS on Saturday, 12/5. We walked by Toy Story Mania around 2:00 atnd the wait was 100 minutes. We asked the cast member outside the entrance if there were any fastpasses available and were told that they were gone by 11:30. Hope this helps! Have a magical vacation :mickey:

disneykid@hrt
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like TSM may be for another day... Thanks for the 411!

ransam
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
i have some advice on how to ride toy story.
last time we went a cast member suggested this and it was perfect. You can get in line right up until closing, so HS closed at 9pm. we got in line at 8 59. it was a shorter line. still long, but not as long. we rode the ride, and by the time we got out the crowds to the gate had gotten a lot shorter. the way we figure it, you can wait in line for a ride and ride it, or you can fight the crowds to the exit....same amount of time... and we stil had time to shop as we left. but much less crowds in the stores.

eam
12-08-2009, 08:29 AM
We were just there in November, and, as stated in the above post, were walking past TSM about 20 minutes before the park closed and looked over and the posted wait time was 50 minutes. In looking at the ride, it didn't look like there were that many people in line, so we went over and asked the cast members how long the wait was. They said, "Oh, that sign's not right, it's more like 10 minutes." Sure enough, we walked in and waited about 15 minutes. The next day, we arrived at the park about an hour after opening, went over to TSM for fast passes, and the return time was about 1 1/2 hours later, looked over and again the line was short, jumped in line (not literally) and, again waited about 15 minutes. I don't know what was going on, but the ride gods were smiling and we took advantage. Like so many things at Disney, I guess it's just timing. Good luck, and have fun.

mudpuppysmom
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
We were there last December and kept waiting for the line to die down and it never did.....so we jumped in. The posted time was 70 minutes and as we got in front of Mr. Potato Head the ride broke down, so we waited nearly two hours that time.

We were there in October and once again we waited in line.....this time 50 mintues.

These wait times are against my better judgement, but the kids wanted to ride and that was THE only ride they wanted to ride so we waited.

SFD998
12-08-2009, 11:00 AM
We are arriving late afternoon this Friday. We have a dinner ressie at Mama Melrose and the plan is to go straight to TSM after dinner, which will be around closing time. We were hoping for what some of the pp have already said about the wait.

rjmdds
12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Ditto about going right before park closing. We were there a few nights ago and got on line 20 minutes before closing. The posted wait time was 40 minutes but it was more like a 10-a5 minute wait. That is the BEST time to ride it if not first thing in the morning. We didn't think we'd get to ride it at all being as we didn't get to the park until the afternoon. We were so excited to get to ride it and it is a great ride.

wildernesslady
12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
We were there last Monday, and the wait said 50 min. and we only waited 30min. All the fastpasses were gone. This was probably close to noon. Good luck.

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Since you aren't set to go until January 10th, you may be pleasantly surprised at the lines (or lack thereof) for TSM. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. :mickey:

disneykid@hrt
12-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Well Garsh... I don't know why I kept thinking that F! was at Park Closing! We'll have a whole hour and a half! :mickey: