PDA

View Full Version : Dining Options

Vinny
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Hello all. Just booked our next WDW trip for early February 2010 (annual trip for my father and myself) and I was going through the many restaurants there are to try. In the past we have done Sci Fi, Cape May, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, Hollywood & Vine and Ohana, among others. Other than a return visit to Ohana (our favorite) we are looking to try something new.

Any suggestions on other restaurants to try and what is good on the menu there?
We are both adults and not picky eaters and always looking to try new restaurants.

Thanks in advance for all the help/info you can provide.

PopeCharming
12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi there!

For me, Disney dining is centered around a trio of restaurants I would revisit time and time again, if I could:

1. Kona Cafe- Most like its breakfast services, which are admittedly good, but I tend to prefer their dinners- very creative food without being kitschy or artsy.

2. Boma: Flavors of Africa- It finds a perfect balance between familiar food and slightly more exotic fare to expand one's horizons- worth it just to get on the Animal Kingdom Lodge premises alone!

3. Teppan Edo- a very good show, with some excellent japanese cooking.

SBETigg
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is one of our consistent favorites. I agree with the previous poster's Boma (but definitely not with Kona for dinner, not good for us). But I would try one of the new places, Sanaa or Kouzzina, both getting good reviews on food with good atmosphere.

If you're up for trying some signatures, California Grill is amazing, with really good food and breathtaking views. Narcoossee's is a big favorite for us. Flying Fish, Citricos, and Jiko, also all outstanding.

Briansmom
12-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I totally agree with PP's on Boma...yummy! And just different enough to make you think you are being exotic! :monkey:

We also really like Whispering Canyon Cafe and Donald's Safari Breakfast.

We tried 50's Prime Time this last trip, and while it was good, I don't think it really stands out to us. Nothing bad, just not at the top of the list.

And Ohana tops our favorite list! So I don't blame you for returning there!:number1:

Have a great time!:mickey:

POOH_BEAR
12-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Others that we think are good are Coral Reef (great seafood!!!) and San Angel (Mexico in EPCOT). Enjoy your trip. We are leaving in just 5 days--can't wait! We were not able to get into some of our usual favorites so we too are trying a few new places..Trails End (FW) 50's Prime Time, Flying Fish and Kona. It will be nice to do something a little different. :mickey:

tadshome
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Our 'must do' is California Grill, the food is fantastic and the view is breathtaking:mickey:

Tygger7
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
I would agree with others that Teppan Edo is a real treat. We also love Rose & Crown...great food and even better if you can get seating for Illuminations. We weren't overly impressed with California Grill, so we're trying Artist Point & Yatchsman Steak House on our next trip.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks again everyone for posting. We have it narrowed down to either Kona or Boma to try on our trip in February.