PDA

View Full Version : Family Emergency--please pray for my cousin

beksy
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I got my sister out of the hospital and now I just got a phone call that my "little" cousin has been seriously injured. He's 14 and a great kid, always doing something outdoors. This afternoon my uncle was using a 4-wheeler to pull him around on a sled in the snow we got yesterday. I don't know what happened but Dustin ended up with a fractured skull. The ambulance took him to the Harrisonburg, VA hospital and he is being sent on to UVA in critical condition. My uncle is an EMT and said is doesn't look good. This is his only son and our only cousin on that side of the family. He has such a great sense of humor and is so out-going, I can't believe this is happening to him. And once again I am 4 hours away studying for exams! My parents and sister are on their way to Charlottesville to be with my uncle and aunt so they are supposed to let me know what's happening. The last I heard was Dad hanging up the phone and yelling at Mom to hurry and they had to get there ASAP. Not very comforting. Please send prayers and pixie dust to Dustin.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Prayers being sent your way! (and a little :pixie:)

ibrowse17
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

SBETigg
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope your cousin pulls through and turns out okay after all. You've had a rough couple of weeks! Prayers on the way!

RedSoxFan
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with the family. I used to live in Charlottesville --- UVA is a great hospital.

Tinkermom
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear this! Lifting a prayer for Dustin as I type this. Please let us know how he is doing.

pianobabe
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Lots of prayers for Dustin, you and his other family members.

LittleRoosMommy
12-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with your cousin and the rest of your family!!

vizsla
12-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust on the way.

KylesMom
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Tiffany, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family during this awful time. Extra-magical pixie dust is on the way for Dustin. :tink:

Stitchahula
12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
sending your family lots of prayers and pixie dust.:pixie::pixie::pixie:.

crazypoohbear
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I pray that your cousin pulls through and has a complete recovery.
As hard as it might be right now try to concentrate on your exams.
Please keep us posted on his status.

beksy
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the prayers and pixie dust! Dustin went through a bunch of tests and I don't understand a lot of the results except that he will make a complete recovery! The fracture was a hair-line fracture and there wasn't any bleeding at that part of his head. All of the bleeding has stopped now and he seems to be doing really well. He is still in a lot of pain and can't keep solid food or liquids down but he is joking around again and definitely on the mend. :thumbsup: On a side note, I finished my first exam today and in spite of everything I feel pretty good about it. This was my hardest so I'm just glad to have it over with! :party:

ElenitaB
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Beksy, thank goodness that your cousin will do just fine. I have a 14 yr old and I must say, they do seem to have hard heads. Glad to see that your cousin's did him good.

And congrats on your exam. Hope you finish them soon and successfully.

Here's some :pixie: for you and your family.

RedSoxFan
12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
This is great news. Best Christmas gift your family could ask for. Good luck on the rest of your exams.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm so glad to hear Dustin is going to be ok. You haven't been having very good luck in your family lately. Hopefully this means things are turning around.
And I hope that your exams go very well too. Let us know once you hear anything on them.

mrsgaribaldi
12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm so happy to read the good news. Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for his speedy recovery.

yjgirl32
12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
So great to hear, but have some :pixie: for a speedy recovery.