PDA

View Full Version : We leave in 1 1/2 days...sickness and snow????

DisneyRN
12-04-2009, 01:49 AM
I plan on leaving Mobile, AL around 4:00 am Saturday morning, so that we get to Orlando around lunchtime....

Weather forecast for Friday night middle of the night has an 80% chance of snow for our area, which NEVER happens.

And, for the first time in all of our trips, I am getting sick. Such is the life of a pediatic nurse in the winter...you bring your work home with you a lot!

Problem, I am a single mom; I am the ONLY person driving, so I have to be healthy to keep up with DD, and to navigate sleet/light snow in late night.

I am very frustrated!!!!! :mad:

Ms. Mode
12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Wonder why we always get sick before we head out on vacation? Can you get an RX to help you feel better?

Drive carefully...maybe the weather won't be as bad as the forecast predicts :mickey:

masondoggy
12-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Wonder why we always get sick before we head out on vacation? Can you get an RX to help you feel better?

Drive carefully...maybe the weather won't be as bad as the forecast predicts :mickey:

That's one of my biggest vacation fears with my family, especially in the winter. I have 4 kids and it seems that there is always somebody who is sick Oct-March.

:mad:

DisneyFr33k
12-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Wonder why we always get sick before we head out on vacation?

My theory is because you are stressed out preparing for the trip. Lowers your immune system.

faline
12-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Sorry! Hope you stave off your illness and weather cooperates with you!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-04-2009, 12:02 PM
That is rotten news!

One serious piece of advice, if the weather has been horrible, don't leave at 4am. I know you want to get to Disney to start your trip, but it will be much safer, and a much easier drive if you wait until the sun comes up and the weather clears.

Especially since you are the only driver, you don't want to be super-stressed for the trip, not a good way to start a vacation.

sisterslovindisney
12-04-2009, 09:18 PM
If it isn't supposed to snow until Saturday would you be able to leave friday late afternoon/early evening and at least get a few hours closer to WDW than stop for the night. It will cost a little more but it might be worth it for the peace of mind.

KylesMom
12-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Mary, I hope that you feel better after a bit of sleep. I second the thought of not leaving at 4 am if the weather is bad. Wait at least until the daylight hours so that you can have a safe, albeit perhaps slower, trip to Disney.

Have a wonderful time with your daughter! :mickey: