PDA

View Full Version : Dning Review: Whispering Canyon

WishingStar2006
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Just back from a wonderful vacation. I had always dreamed of having Thanksgiving Day Dinner at the Whispering Canyon. We have been to WDW many times over Thanksgiving and always ended up at France or something...LOL! Anyway, we finally got an ADR for Whispering Canyon for Thanksgiving...dreams do come true.......NOT....be careful what you wish for. It wasn't even real turkey, can you imagine? It was like a turkey roll....YUK!!!! And there was no choice for dessert...it was refrigerated cold pumpkin pie or nothing...they wouldn't even let me have the children's choice of ice cream! I usually like Whispering Canyon..but NOT for Thanksgiving!

BluewaterBrad
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I guess I won't ever be at WC for Thanksgiving. Thanks for posting!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the Review! :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-04-2009, 01:30 PM
:sick:

darthmacho
12-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Good warning for all of us. You would think that WC would be the place they could really go all out for Thanksgiving? Perhaps the logistics of serving real turkey would be a nightmare for all I know, but I can't believe WDW shouldn't be able to pull it off. Oh well, live and learn, right?

wedoada
12-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Eeeeeek

We are doing WC for dinner on Christmas day. :santa:

mom2morgan
12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
yuck! If that is the best they can manage, they should stick to the regular menu! Wedoada- I suggest calling in adavnce to ask about the menu!

KylesMom
12-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm very disappointed to hear of your experience at WC. This is the second debacle of Thanksgiving dinner at a Disney deluxe resort that I've read about - I'm sorry that it was not what you expected.

KatMark
12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad experience at WCC. We didn't like their skillet on the regular menu, and that turkey sounds more disgusting than our skillet.

beksy
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would have thought WCC would be great for Thanksgiving. I hate turkey rolls! :sick: They do chicken so how much harder could it be to do turkey (even just turkey breast?). Oh, well...now I know not to go on holidays! Thanks.