PDA

View Full Version : Going Aug 29th to Sept sept 4th

Epcot guy
12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Any thoughts? How about the crowds? i go every year in May but were gonna switch it up. The heat will not be a problem, but because its close to labor day weekend how will that effect the parks? Thanks to all

starryeyes21
12-03-2009, 12:33 AM
My husband and I were at WDW this past August/September from the 29 until the 6th. We found the crowds to be very manageable. There was no more that a 20 minute wait for any ride. Most rides we just walked right on. It did pick up as we got closer to Labor day and on Labor Day itself we left the Magic Kingdom because it was getting ridiculous. We spent the day at Epcot and found the crowds there to be fine. It was a great trip and we may go at this time every year.

Unlimitedfun
12-03-2009, 06:41 AM
That's good to hear. Hubby and I were planning a trip this year too, and that's the week we wanted to go. Hopefully the dining plan will be offered again...then we're a shoe in!!:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Usually we go down the last week in July first week in August, for our logistics we changed our trip up. We were down there this past August 22-Sept 5. What we found was that the first week we were there the crowds were quite large. But during the last week, the crowds really did thin out quite a bit and there was never a long wait at any attraction.

We did notice the crowds got bigger on the Friday of the Labour Day weekend. Still it was better than the crowds the previous week.

bruin1344
12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Went late aug 2008, the crowds were manageable during the week but got crowded as labor day weekend came. Toy Story Mania was the only ride that never was under an hour wait. The waterparks were very crowded.

Imagineer1981
12-03-2009, 05:56 PM
We were there Aug/Sept this year and the crowds were extremely light. You'll love it

Giggy
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear this, we're going around that time in 2010 (August 25th to September 8th I think) and it's a new time of year for us to go. We'd heard crowds were normally reasonable (though busier for labor day weekend) but don't have any first-hand experience to go on.

wire0monkey
12-04-2009, 10:55 AM
We've done that time frame twice, and crowds are very moderate to light.

When I say "light," I mean really light. On both trips, we walked onto Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Dinosaur, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Waits for Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, the Safari Ride, Star Tours, and Soarin', Rock and Roll Coaster, and Tower of Terror were around 30 minutes, if you didn't fast pass them.

Most shows were walk-in with lots of space and little need to show up really early.

It's really pleasant touring.

The only exception to this is at the Studios -- you still need to get there early and boogie over to the ride to get for the fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Fantasmic is a complete madhouse because it's only showing for a couple of days. I'd skip it, if you have a crowd phobia.