PDA

View Full Version : what time is it getting dark now?

LiloLovesTheKing26
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
We are only spending one day at MGM this year and we have reservations at Kona at 8:30. So I want to leave the park by 7:30. Will it be dark before then? I want to enjoy the Osbourne Lights since I have not seen them in 10 years!! I was just wondering about what time right now it's starting to get dark?

Thanks!!

faline
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Currently, sunset in Orlando is around 5:30 p.m.

LiloLovesTheKing26
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
ok cool!! Thanks!!! 2 more days!!!!

faline
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
ok cool!! Thanks!!! 2 more days!!!!

Cool! Me too!

lockedoutlogic
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Currently, sunset in Orlando is around 5:30 p.m.

If even that.....you can't see your fingers in front of your face by 5 pm in the northeast right now....

though Orlando is slightly West and a little farther south...but the difference is negligible

faline
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
If even that.....you can't see your fingers in front of your face by 5 pm in the northeast right now....

though Orlando is slightly West and a little farther south...but the difference is negligible

The difference between sunset in the Northeast and Florida is more than negligible. I live in the Northeast and know how early the sun sets here. I didn't guess about the time the sun sets in Orlando - I actually looked it up before I responded. Additionally, my personal experience is that there is approximately (at least) an hour's difference between sunset in Boston and sunset in Orlando.

Kenny1113
12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Nope not that dark at 5 here! However it will be plenty dark to see lights @7 !

lockedoutlogic
12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
The difference between sunset in the Northeast and Florida is more than negligible. I live in the Northeast and know how early the sun sets here. I didn't guess about the time the sun sets in Orlando - I actually looked it up before I responded. Additionally, my personal experience is that there is approximately (at least) an hour's difference between sunset in Boston and sunset in Orlando.

yeah....i haved lived in 3 spots on the east coast (including 0.4 miles from WDW)...and i can tell you that the dfference in sunlight is negligible.....dark at 5 or dark at 6 really isn't much

IT"S the WEATHER!!!!! that's the whole tamale....75 in January would be fine if it were dark all day....that's the big deal.
That's why florida is one of the best places earth to live....

But it is a terrible place to work....so that is why there aren't 200 million people there...win some - lose some:blush:

Polynesian Dweller
12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
yeah....i haved lived in 3 spots on the east coast (including 0.4 miles from WDW)...and i can tell you that the dfference in sunlight is negligible.....dark at 5 or dark at 6 really isn't much

Not sure what the definition of negligible is but sunset in New York City today was at 4:29pm and in Orlando 5:29pm and 4:49pm here where I live in Canada. I'd take that hour myself.:D

lockedoutlogic
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Not sure what the definition of negligible is but sunset in New York City today was at 4:29pm and in Orlando 5:29pm and 4:49pm here where I live in Canada. I'd take that hour myself.:D

when did canada move to the southern hemisphere?:secret:

how is lake erie?

DisneyFanaticDargon
12-04-2009, 07:45 PM

Better than Tokyo where the sun rises at 4:30 in the morning.

Polynesian Dweller
12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
when did canada move to the southern hemisphere?:secret:

how is lake erie?

Still northern, if we were southern we'd be warmer no, at least no snow so far.

The explanation for the difference with NYC is due to longitude not latitude. I live considerably west of NYC's longitude (almost 400 mi). So although still eastern time zone, the sun sets in NYC well before it does here.

ILoveLegos
12-04-2009, 10:10 PM

I agree, sunrise & sunset time differences are very noticible to me everytime I switch from my northern home (17 miles out of NYC in the New Jersey suburbs) to my southern home (68 miles south of WDW). Due to the more western location of WDW compared to NYC the difference is about an hour and that is not negligible at all in my book. :) I too cherish the extra hour at night, but miss the earlier dawn of "day-light" during my morning walks in Florida! :mickey: So I wear relective clothing and carry a flashlight in the dark. LOL!

wildernesslady
12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I was just there on 11/30 and the lights got turned on at 6:00. Try to be there then. It was fun to see it happen.