PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy???

DisneyPrincess21
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, i am in north carolina tonight after the first leg of my trip to disney. And all day i haven't felt the least bit excited. I keep trying to tell myself to get excited because i am on my way to my favorite place on earth, but it is like so sureal the trip is actually here that i feel in disbelief and not excited.

This trip is different because it isn't a whole family vacation, it's just me and my mom and we have never went to disney alone before, so maybe that is why it doesn't feel like "the" disney trip??

Has anyone ever felt like this before??

Don't get me wrong i am a certfied disney nut, but i guess it just hasn't sunk in or hit me yet that we are on our way to disney.

Well tomorrow will be our trip to georgia for another overnight. Hopefully i will feel more excited once i start seeing palm trees.

divinedi
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I know for me a lot of the fun of going to Disney is the planning, anticipation, the Wow I'm going back 'home' again and once you are on your way, that part of it is over and it's almost disappointing. Also, now that you are on your way, you also know the end of your vacation is near, which is depressing :(in itself. HOWEVER, try, try to put yourself in the moment and know that the next few days are going to be exciting and fun, you'll get to spend some real quality time with your Mom (which you'll cherish forever) and not have to share her with anyone, and let's face it, IT'S DISNEYWORLD!!:cloud9: This funk too will pass and once you get there you'll have a blast!! Safe driving, and enjoy your trip!!!

Disney4us2
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I totally agree with the PP. It sounds like the post planning blues.

Cherish every moment together with your mom. This will be a wonderful trip together. Once you drive through that WDW sign it makes it all real.

Have a great time together in the happiest world.:mickey:

BWayGrl
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes, I had the same feelings last year. It was the first time my boyfriend David and I went together and I didn't know what to expect. My mom and I have been going together for years and we were always in sync with each other. I was nervous that things wouldn't run as smoothly with David.

My boyfriend and I also stopped over in NC and I wasn't having fun at all. I guess I just wanted to BE there, in Disney. My mom and I had always driven straight through from PA and now I just felt like I was waisting time by stopping!

But I always get excited when I'm on I-4 and I know Disney is so close! Maybe that will happen for you too!

And have fun with your mom! My Disney trips started out as family vacations too, but then it turned into Mother/Daughter happy fun time :mickey: And it's something wonderful that my mom and I can share together.

Buddy08
12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
The last time I went to WDW I went without my son. He is 19 and in college and it was 2 weeks before finals so there was no way he could go. I went with my sister, Her daughter and family, which included a 5 year old who would be starting school that fall. (That is why we went when we did) We did have alot of fun planning but once we were actually on our way, I was really bummed that my son didn't get to go and even felt like I didn't want to be there. The feeling passed and I was able to enjoy myself but it was just different. Enjoy your time with you mom. I happen to be a big fan of mothers.:hug:

EpcotChic23
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Don't worry it will hit. It happend to me in 08'. I was working hard at my job and life was so busy that my normal excitment was not there. I started to get a little excited as soon as I landed in MCO, but it really hit me that night at the MK when we were watching Spectro Magic I started crying and kept saying I can't believe I am here. We are all so busy and crazy in life it is hard sometimes to enjoy the little things in life. Have a blast though. I am already excited for my June 2010 trip.:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Do not worry. It will hit you!!:mickey: