PDA

View Full Version : What time frame is considered "Peak Time" at the parks?

Gregandmel
12-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I see a lot of information regarding "Peak Times" at the parks which is the busiest time and longest waits. What would you think this "time frame" would be? When we went last year, seemed like we were able to get an awful lot done the first 90 minutes or so. We usually left the parks around 2pm each day and always noticed it being much more crowded. I don't really know the ebb & flow after that. Any thoughts for those of you that visit a lot and are there all day long? We are going late April so I'm not sure how much that would affect crowd levels. Thanks for any input!! :mickey:

SBETigg
12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure what the more official peak hours are, but I find the parks busiest between 11-4 and then again from 7-9 or 10 depending on closing time. The morning and evening meal times tend to be slower hours. Also, a good time to hit major attractions is during parade times.

Gator
12-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Usually by noon, the rides and diners are busy. And it stays that way for the rest of the day. It only lets up about 1 hour into Evenin Magic Hours.

Mousemates
12-02-2009, 08:26 AM
O nte days we take a break form the parks we usually leave around 1pm to either head back to the resort or eat (often off site)...then we return around 5 pm (when folks are starting to take dining breaks) and stay till closing at whatever park is doing evening emh. the first half of emh is usually quite busy, but it does tend to drop off after that and you can get a lot of riding in...especially if its an EMH that ends at 1AM or later.

SillySymphony
12-02-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree with many previous posters. If you're willing to get there early, you'll be rewarded with quicker lines. There is a minor lull at MK during the afternoon parade, but it is just that, a minor lull. It does not create opportunities to suddenly ride Splash, though Big Thunder and Space do sometimes see a bit of "freeing" up. Regarding evening activities, I'm no fan of EMH any longer. When they were first instituted at MK many years ago they were a separate ticketed event and the population was kept purposely low. They were called "E-Nights" as the major attractions were available to guests with practically no wait time. Now that everyone has access to the "late park"... well, you do the math.... Generally speaking, we'll head to the Park that had EMH the night before. We've found that gives us a better experience. There are a dedicated group of folks who still love Evening EMH they way they currently exist. We prefer less crowds.

Loweschevy
12-02-2009, 09:08 AM
We find by 10:30 AM the crowds are there in full force. People are done with their breakfast and the snoozers have made their way to the park. Till around 3:30 -4:00 PM the lines are very long an unbearable for us.

We like to make rope drop and leave after lunch for a break. After 4:30-5 PM we head back to the parks and the lines and crowds will have calmed down.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2009, 12:20 PM
We went last year for Christmas week...after lunch until dark it seemed rides would be packed. We took advantage of EMH and fastpasses in the morning to get to do what we wanted.

bruin1344
12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
most days 11-4, the crowds decrease briefly when there is parades

on EMH AM, the parks get crowded right away

on EMH PM the parks get crowded for the evening until closing except MK, the crowds die down as the EMH night goes on