PDA

View Full Version : My recent visit

Pikea
12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I was at WDW last week and was deeply disappointed in what I saw. The Christmas tree at Disney Studios out front was not lit in the middle (never would have seen that before). Also, Magic Kingdom and Epcot looked like it had not been cleaned up in a long time. I have never seen it look as bad as it did last week. Hope this was something that has been cleaned up now. Could not find "Cast Mates" and when you did they were not as polite as they have been in the past. Sorry - just venting.

Gator
12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
That's rather strange for Disney. They may cut back certain things, but they usually find a way to keep things magical. I'll have to see how it is when I'm there in January.

Still, the worst day at Disney is always waaaayyyy better than my best day at work.

Stickey
12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
We were at WDW 11/15-11/23/09 and did not notice any issues with park upkeep and the lights were working on the DHS tree on the nights that we were there.

BluewaterBrad
12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
That would be a first for me also. (about 4-5 visits a year) Hope you still had a good time!:mickey:

DisneyBarb
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats too bad.. we had 1 cast member that was less than friendly when we went a couple of weeks ago.. didn't have any issues with lights or the parks being less then stellar. The only restroom that was dirty was in Fantasyland but that always seems to be the way there..

hope it didn't ruin your trip!

Daisy'sMom
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
We just came back on Saturday and DH was so upset he said he did not want to go back for awhile.
We always go this time of year for the decorations, and they hardly have any up. I love the detail that they put into the decorating and loved how the stores are so festive. This year we were sadly disappointed. Epcot forgot to put up any with the exception of a few. MK had them on Main Street and that was about it. We did not go to AK but of all of them, DHS was the best. Their streets were decorated and people there seemed happy.
Bathrooms were dirty (and I blame the users, not the employees) there were no cast members walking about. The food that we had at the Noodle Station was cold on Friday It was sad. I feel like Disney is letting alot of people down. :(

faline
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I would imagine that even in the most magical of places, gremlins occasionally slip in!

Lakin
12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I was at WDW last week and was deeply disappointed in what I saw. The Christmas tree at Disney Studios out front was not lit in the middle (never would have seen that before).

It's still like that from when I saw it a few days ago. :( I do admit, it's kind of disappointing that they couldn't just fix it over night and get it over with. Funny enough, my grandma is having the same issue with her tree.

Mom and I did agree that there were less decorations up than what we saw 2 years ago.

Tinkerfreak
12-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Did anyone else notice that Illuminations seemed alot shorter? We noticed the end was much shorter and less spectacular. We did also notice the bathrooms were not as clean as usual and that there were not as many decorations up as we thought there would be.

#1donaldfan
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
That's rather strange for Disney. They may cut back certain things, but they usually find a way to keep things magical. I'll have to see how it is when I'm there in January.

Still, the worst day at Disney is always waaaayyyy better than my best day at work.

....your right about that, but without work, there'd be no Disney for us ...... !!:cool:

98'cpTyphoonGuard
12-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I was there last week also and was shocked by the tree at DHS. We were there on Mon. and noticed it, I thought for sure that it would be fixed by Wed. when we went back, but it wasn't!
Some of the restrooms were not as clean as I am used to, but it was very busy last week.

seanyred
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
We were at WDW 11/15-11/23/09 and did not notice any issues with park upkeep and the lights were working on the DHS tree on the nights that we were there.

We were there the 11/15 to 11/24 and I would agree that everything looked great and the lights were working on the DHS Tree

valjane
12-03-2009, 12:53 PM
We were also there last week and the decorations were definitely fewer than in the past... but they have been dwindling every year for the past two or three at least.

The bathrooms were dirtier than I have ever seen them. Consistently. And I didn't see many CMs in there cleaning up like I usually do.

However, I did feel that, in general, the CMs were friendlier than they have been over the past few years. At least that was better!

Erin C.
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Ditto....we were there from the 24th - 30th and Animal Kingdom's tree was half unlit, EPCOT same thing, and one night at DHS the tree was not lit at all and the next time it was only halflit...kinda disappointing but certainly didn't ruin our daughter's 16th birthday celebration!!!

:party:

Tinkerfreak
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I do agree that the cm were really friendly. We just thought it was because we had three of us with birthdays on the trip and they all had birthday buttons. They were all super enthusiastic and helpful, even the people in the parades were really interacting with guests more than I had ever seen. My 15 year old DD got a big hug from the teddy bear in the Christmas Party parade.