PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

clausjo
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
We have our ADR here at the beginning of February for me, my 2 kids, my parents, my sister and nephew. I picked this place because the night we're going would have been my brother's 40th birthday. He very unexpectantly passed away last year. I thought this place would be good to take my parents so they get out of the house and have some fun. After reading some reviews though, it sounds REALLY crazy and I'm having 2nd thoughts. What do you think? I want them to go out and have fun and take their mind off my brother for an hour or two. Is this place just too much?

Strmchsr
12-01-2009, 02:12 PM
It really depends on your idea of fun. WC is loud, rambunctious and crazy. They're shouting for ketchup and doing kids "pony rides" around the restaurant all the time. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing meal this isn't it. If you like to laugh and be wild then WC is a whole lot of fun.

starryeyes21
12-01-2009, 02:28 PM
My husband and I ate here during our honeymoon. We are not wild and crazy people. We simply sat and ate. Nobody bothered us or made us get involved in the shenanigans. The food was really good and we enjoyed our experience. The party two or three tables over really got into the whole "ketchup" thing and the waiters and waitresses gave them that kind of "over the top" attention. My husband and I were interested in eating as opposed to playing. I'm kinda shy, So, we were left to do so. It was fun to watch the other families get lots of ketchup on their tables and to watch the kids all around the restaurant have a good time though. It was loud, but not in an overpowering way. We left smiling and full!

Dizneydreamin'
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
My family went in August and loved it. My two kids (4 & 6) loved all of the activities & "pony rides". I agree with Strmchsr, though, if you want relaxing and quiet, this is not the place.

P.S. The skillet is delicious!!:mickey:

Briansmom
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
When we ate there last May, I had made a note on our ADR about my DS11 having autism and we would like not to be right in the middle of things as sometimes music seems to make him have a meltdown and I wasn't sure if that would be an issue there if we were right in the middle of the craziness....the first time we ate there we were along the side of the restaurant along the railing overlooking the lobby and near the back...it was a perfect spot. Anyway when we checked in this last time, she said "Oh, you want a quiet place, we can put you in the library." I told her we could still be in the main part of the dining room, but maybe just off along the sides. I wasn't sure exactly what the 'library' was but now that I think back on our two experiences, I am guessing where we were the first time is the library because it was away from the 'main' middle area and we didnt get the excessive loudness there...but we still did have great interaction with our server. So if you still want to interact but do so along the fringes where you're not covering your ears :mickey: ,I think if you ask to be seated in the library, it would be a good place for you. You can just have them note it on your ADR for you and just make sure you ask about it when you check in. Have fun! We love WCC!!

And I agree....the skillet is AMAZING!!

KatMark
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I really think it depends on the CM you get as your server and the other CM's throughout the restaurant. We were there September 2007 for dinner and at 6:00 p.m. there were absolutely NO antics at all and it was very quiet in the restaurant. No pony race, no ketchup, no "happy birthday"--NOTHING. Personally, we won't go back as we found the food to be awful (the meat in the skillet made my husband sick--and we know it was the meat because it was the only thing I didn't try from the skillet) and the service was horrible (it was two of us and we were there for over two hours and we never did order dessert).

phillydan
12-03-2009, 01:21 PM
We ate there in August and did not have any problems. We are not the wild and crazy type and there was no pressure for us to join in the fun. We were off to the side and it was a little noisy, but nothing too bad. We knew what to expect, so that helped. We found the food to be pretty good.

I do agree that the server makes the difference - ours was great and she recognized that we were not the crazy type and responded accordingly. Her interaction with the table next to us was completely different, as they were wild and she reacted in kind.

Ropachs
12-03-2009, 02:13 PM
My in-laws ate there last year and were seated away from the action (I'm not sure if they were in the "library" or not) but they were REALLY away from ALL action. They were very bummed that they couldn't see any of the fun. My point is that there must be several tables available away from the noise, I think it would be a good idea to call ahead and note your preference as you don't want to have to wait an extra long time for a specific section.

PlutoPlanet
12-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I've always liked dinner at WCC. It is entertaining, but not wild IMHO. The skillet is quite good.