PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Know Anything About Catering?

mjaclyn
11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
So I have to make an Italian dinner for about 50 people... I'm a little nervous because it seems like alot, although Italian is probably the simplest way to feed masses. Does anyone have any idea how many meatballs & italian sausage to make? I'm also having a huge vegetarian lasagna, spaghetti and probably penne along with appetizers. I can get about 15 meatballs per 1lb of ground beef or ground turkey. Do you think 30 turkey meatballs and 30 beef meatballs along with 32 sausage will be enough? I don't want to go crazy but I definitely want to have enough. Right now I'm cooking for a family of four with one 3-year-old who barely eats and one 7-month-old who only eats baby food. I'd rather have some leftovers than run out. Also, does anyone have any good ideas for an Italian dessert that's not Tiramisu? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

NotaGeek
12-01-2009, 12:53 AM
I would say it would be either guess 1.5 per person of each meatballs and sausage just to be safe -- there will definitely be people who eat none and some that might have double portions.

You could try canoli ... but honestly? Just see if you have an Italian bakery near you and buy the desserts.

offwego
12-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Fresh fruit and biscotti maybe? (you didn't say what the occasion is so I'm not sure if that would work)

People will often take more if it's a self serve buffet rather than family style at tables if that's at all an option for you to do just so you know.