PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Applications....AHHHHHHH

jwildflower1981
11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Does anybody else spend hours that you really don't have to spare doing these Facebook applications you said you'd never do.
So now I've got 2 farms, 2 aquariuns, a rollercoaster kingdom......help.....I can't stop!!!!!

Ian
11-30-2009, 11:03 AM
The only one I'm addicted to is Bejeweled ... the rest I find incredibly irritating.

I don't care who worked on what farm or who's mafia family put a contract out on someone!!! Leave me alone!!!

Disney4us2
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I didn't even know you can do all that on Facebook. I hardly ever check into my account.

My addiction right now it Intercot and selling on Ebay. Soon to be an addiction to the Wii I got for DD's Christmas gift.:D

Tinkerbella
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
The only one I'm addicted to is Bejeweled ... the rest I find incredibly irritating.

I don't care who worked on what farm or who's mafia family put a contract out on someone!!! Leave me alone!!!

Hear, hear! I am however addicted to Facebook as it is right on my iPhone! Wish Intercot had an app. That would DEFINITELY take up all of time :D

Dragongirlx
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I have a farm, a cafe, a garden, a pet and it all takes up soo much time but I enjoy it so I don't mind too much - just as long as I don't get invites to anything else

LittleRoosMommy
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm right there with ya! LOL I now have 2 farms, 2 aquariums and a cafe! Although I haven't been on very much lately... too much to do... Christmas, school activities, and oh Yeah! 18 days to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm sure when we get back and through the holidays, I'll be spending more time harvesting and feeding the fish! LOL

2Epcot
11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't do any of the Facebook applications, and block almost all of them that appear in my newsfeed as well as ignoring any invitations for them.

thrillme
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeppers. I've got 2 farms, a mafia, vampires and NOW my dirty rotten son got me into Epic Pet Wars

TigChatt
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
If we all have these apps, then why dont we add each other to boost our farms? I have 2 farms, a mafia, 2 restaurants.....

Pagan
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't do any of the Facebook applications, and block almost all of them that appear in my newsfeed as well as ignoring any invitations for them.
I did the same thing. RIDICULOUSLY annoying.

I've also informed my friends that I don't want drinks, stuffed animals, hugs, or any other thing that immediately fills up the "invites" box. I prefer the real thing over the cyber one.

Well...except the stuffed animals. Don't really have any of those. :razz:

Melanie
11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I do none of the farms, cafes, aquariums, eggs, etc. on Facebook and never plan to. I use it primarily to just keep up with friends. :)

kakn7294
11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
If you don't like it, it's easy enough to block or ignore it - set your page to receive status updates instead of the newsfeed - select status update from the list on the left of the page. It will eliminate all those game updates. I do participate in several things myself but the ones that I don't want, I just ignore. You can do what a previous poster suggested and politely inform your friends that you don't play and therefore don't need to receive any gifts for the games.

Katzateer
11-30-2009, 05:47 PM

I block them also. I love facebook for helping me to keep up with friends. Makes me feel like I can be a daily part of their lives even though we have moved far away. the rest of the activities don't interest me.

SBETigg
11-30-2009, 06:08 PM

I agree. I don't get involved with any of the applications for fear I would end up wasting time and opening myself to scams. Some of those game companies have recently been charged with billing scams on phone bills, somehow. I accepted a few gift apps at one time, but for the most part now I just block, ignore, hide updates, or explain to friends that thanks, but I'm not interested. I do love catching up with friends' status updates, though.

AHOTE
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I used to do a bunch of applications but I now block all but the Disney Apps...:mickey:

faline
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I'll go one step further and say that, so far, I've resisted the temptation to even begin a Facebook account - I have enough to do without adding more time on the internet - my Intercot obsession is enough - I think!

RenDuran
11-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm a scrabble junkie! I have several games going all the time!

Lakin
11-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Am I the only one on here that has a SuperPoke Pet?

handmaidenofprincesses
11-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Some of those game companies have recently been charged with billing scams on phone bills, somehow.

If you click on ads on certain game pages, they will ask for your cell phone number, saying its to text you your results or verify your identity or something, and that is how your phone can get charged. As long as you're careful not to give out your phone #, ou should be ok.

I personally am addicted to Farkle (which is totally my uncle's fault, I would like to point out) and I am occassionally obsessed with Pieces of Flair.

PirateLover
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm a FarmVille addict. I wish there was a way your posts only were visible to your friends who play the game because I can totally see how annoying it could get. But the reason they get posted is because sometimes it's the only way to get certain items. Sorry!

Disneypixie513
11-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I play Cafe' World all the time.. I used to be a farmville addict, but I lost interest. My younger sister teases me about being a loser since I'm "obsessed" with my Cafe.. :blush:

pianobabe
11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
I use to have several aquariums, a couple of virtual pets and a farm. It would take me 45 minutes to do all of the things I had to do to take care of them. I finally said forget it after getting to work one day and worrying, because I had forgotten to feed my "dog". The only application I use now is Farmville. I ignore all other request.

alphamommy
12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I play Bejeweled, Farkle, Chain Reaction, and Cube Crash.

I used to do some of the other stuff (slots, pillow fight, etc.), but discovered one night that I was being "hit" by pillows when the people it told me were hitting me weren't actually doing it (did that sentence make sense?). That's when I stopped doing anything that asks for permission to access my profile.

Mousefever
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I block them also. I love facebook for helping me to keep up with friends. Makes me feel like I can be a daily part of their lives even though we have moved far away. the rest of the activities don't interest me.

Exactly! I choose to receive status updates instead of newsfeed. I have so many friends who are far away, and I also love knowing the minutia of their days. It makes me feel connected.

I have let people know that they can send me whatever they want, but I will ignore it. I do maintain some flair because it let's me keep quotes from Monty Python, This is Spinal Tap, and Galaxy Quest on my profile.

Amy

Pagan
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I do maintain some flair because it let's me keep quotes from Monty Python, This is Spinal Tap, and Galaxy Quest on my profile.

Amy
Okay...you officially rock. :thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I laughed to myself as I was reading this thread.

I have a farm and now a cafe. Joined Cafe World as a friend needed a neighbor. Now I am addicted to them and don't want to see my crops or my food rot......Sad but true.:blush:

I need some more neighbors as it seems most of my friends have more control over this addiction than I do.

Jeri
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I have to admitt I play Farmville, as do many of my family memebers. I need to spend less time doing it though. During the day and late at night I have to tend to my son's farm too. Other family members will call and have me take care of their farms if they are busy or something.
I need to get a few more neighbors too. If anyone wants or needs Neighbors just send me a PM and I will be glad to be your neighbor.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
If you don't like it, it's easy enough to block or ignore it - set your page to receive status updates instead of the newsfeed - select status update from the list on the left of the page. It will eliminate all those game updates. I do participate in several things myself but the ones that I don't want, I just ignore. You can do what a previous poster suggested and politely inform your friends that you don't play and therefore don't need to receive any gifts for the games.
I just started FB last week, even though I thought I'd never join. Apparently I'm about 1of 5 people in my hometown who's not on FB (at least that's how it felt when I first logged on).

Anyway, thanks for this info. I was somewhat curious about all this stuff but I don't NEED anything else to consume my time right now. I did become a fan of the Intercot page and it was great seeing faces to connect with names on here.

garymacd
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Facebook?

What's Facebook?