PDA

View Full Version : Narcosee's or Jiko?

Meteora
11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi all,
I once again turn to you for your invaluable advice. My family are major foodies, and we're from NY, so we're used to the good stuff. We're excited to try a new restaurant on our Spring break trip, but need recommendations as to which one.
We originally booked Jiko, having heard good things, particularly about the filet and short ribs, but recently have heard more mixed reviews. So we are instead considering Narcosees, which we've also heard good things about. We want to pick one and then cancel the other. What do you guys think? Both my parents will eat anything, I (25) will not eat fish, and mys sister (22) is a picky eater, meaning she will likely not find anything she loves at either place but will make the best of it. She'll sometimes eat steak.

Edited to add Citricos to the mix as well--seems like people also like this one, also.

Thanks for the help!

DVC2004
11-29-2009, 02:14 PM
I'd stick with Jiko. It's more of a unique menu and has a great selection of S. African wines. I have never had a bad meal there. Narcoossees on the other hand I found to be so-so. We had ressies and still had to wait for forever. I ordered the surf and turf- steak was not cooked correctly and our meals must have been sitting around for a while as they were luke warm. The menu was not all that varied. We just weren't very impressed. I notice you don't like seafood. Last time at Narcoosee's that was the primary offering there so keep that in mind.

If you are looking for seafood Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is great. I would go there over Narcossees. There's steak too and pasta, other choices as well.

AllDisney
11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
We have been to Jiko a few times and we've never been disappointed. I'd go for Jiko:mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello,

We have dined at both restaurants several times and never have been disappointed by either - but, based on the unique menu offerings and dining experience, I would go with Jikos. Both places have wonderful service and excellent food but I prefer the atmosphere and unqiue menu selections of Jikos for foodies.

andreallybadeggs
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Loved Narcoosee's for food, service, and ambiance (including Wishes! viewing just before our dessert)
BUT we do like seafood so agree with PP that this may not be your cup of tea.

faline
11-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I've found all three (Jiko's, Narcoosee's and Citrico's) to be very good Most recently, I've eaten at Citrico's and would certainly go again!

SBETigg
11-29-2009, 09:15 PM
I like all three, but I prefer Narcoossee's of the three. It's a personal preference. You won't go wrong with any of them, so look at the menus and pick the one that has most appeal for your group.

SurferStitch
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I would have to say Narcoossee's. It's our favorite signature restaurant on property because of food quality, outstanding service, and location.

We dined at Jiko once, and it was great, but we've never made an effort to go back. I'm sure we will one day, but it's just so out of the way. We could drive there, but we don't like to drive on vacation in WDW.

You can't go wrong with any, but Narc's gets my vote!

tdk316
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Jiko hands down! We've eaten at almost all of the restaurants at WDW and this is one of our favorites. Be sure to ask your server for wine suggestions as they have an interesting stock of African wines that aren't readily available here in the US.