PDA

View Full Version : christmas day dining help please...

nellyj
11-29-2009, 05:50 AM
we are going to be in disney over xmas, and our daughter who is autistic wants to eat in the rainforest cafe at animal kingdom , she loves it there and they accomodate her eating needs brilliantly. are they open on christmas day, and how can i book a table ?
if i cant get a table there is there anywhere else you can recommend to us that would be as good... dont mind park or resort.
we've had a tough year and this is a last minute treat for her... thanks in advance for all your kind advice :mickey::cloud9:

DizneyRox
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
You may be shut out at this point, XMas is a very busy time of year and most restaurants fill up quickly.

Your best bet is to call WDW-DINE and see if they book it (or even check Disney Dining Online) and if not give them a call directly. I'm sure the number is out on the Internet somewhere.

I thought the T-Rex restaurant was amazing... NOt worth all the hype, but compared to Rainforest, I prefer T-Rex. You'll be in the same boat with both however. Probably a better chance at Rainforest to be honest with you.

MinnieMommie
11-29-2009, 04:40 PM
If you google Rainforest Cafe you can get to their main page. On that page there is a $10 off coupon good through the end of the year (my daughter ate there last night - that is how I know). You will also be able to click locations on the top of the home page and when you do you will get a USA map. When you click on to Florida you will get the 3 Rainforests in FL including the 2 at WDW (Animal Kingdom as you know and Downtown Disney).

Each location has the phone number listed. The Rainforest at AK offers breakfast so that is another option. But try to get in since it is a comfortable place for your child. If you can't get in at AK you can try the DD location.

In the past Rainforest did not take reservations. I don't think this has changed so you may have to wait but you should be able to get in. Also, if you join the Safari Club they sort of bring you in ahead of others. :santa:

nellyj
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
thanks for the help folks...
i will ring disney dining and rainforest cafe direct. fingers crossed they can help :santa3: