PDA

View Full Version : Narnia Attraction

PrincessKaitsMom
11-29-2009, 02:16 AM
The bad news is I didn't get to go to Disney last year :( The good news is we're leaving in 28 days and we can't wait :mickey: I hear the Narnia attraction has changed since the last time we went through it, which I believe was in 2006. Would someone care to describe the changes that were made. Just wondering if this is one we want to check out on our trip this time. Thanks.

DizneyRox
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
It may have changed, but it would take a miracle to make it worth seeing. It was mostly updated to reflect the latest movie release. Still the worst 30 minutes spent at WDW for me. Well, actually, second worst 30 minutes. First would be Stitch's Great Escape...

stitchaholic
11-29-2009, 08:49 AM
it is basically a movie trailer,nothing worth seeing

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
When we were there in May, we had the chance to meet Prince Caspian (he was quite charming) and then walk-through a basic trailer/re-telling of the story. There was no wait, so it was worth it to us, but I wouldn't wait in a long line for it.

A Big Kid
11-29-2009, 12:04 PM
It may have changed, but it would take a miracle to make it worth seeing. It was mostly updated to reflect the latest movie release. Still the worst 30 minutes spent at WDW for me. Well, actually, second worst 30 minutes. First would be Stitch's Great Escape...

Pease dont read my mind unless you have my permission. ;)

PrincessKaitsMom
11-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info,that's what I was afraid of. We didn't enjoy it too much the first time so I wanted to see if any big changes had been made. Sounds like we may skip this one. :thumbsup:

divinedi
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I usually like to try different things myself, to form my own opinions, as let's face it, everyones tastes are different, but in this case I have to agree with the posters above, it's basically a movie trailer.

DisneyFr33k
11-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Agreed. My DH saw it a year ago and told me it was really cool - the witch came out and had a cool spiel. This past trip it was just the movie trailer and a small musuem of costumes from the movie. A BIG waste of time.

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Calling this an "attraction" is being extremely generous...;)

Gusgus
11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
My 10 year-old said it best when we got to the end. "That's all it is? Really? "

phillydan
11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
We cruised right past it this time, after making the fateful mistake of investing 30 minutes on this "commercial" in 2006. I did see that they added the character meet n' greet this time around, but it was not worth it for us.

As a side note, we did stroll into "One Man's Dream", which is right next to Narnia. It was our first time visiting and it was so worth it. The kids are a little older and they actually enjoyed some of the displays. I recomend it instead of Narnia.

Superzeus84
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
yeah, I dont have any desire to ever to this attraction.

thejens
12-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I agree with everything said (ugh!) but can I just add that I do not consider a meet and greet an attraction any more than I consider a movie trailer an attraction. Yes, it is exciting to see Mickey or Cinderella, but I consider that to be an EXTRA bit of magic and not a good (cost effective, photo pass op) alternative to an actual ATTRACTION!

Disneypixie513
12-10-2009, 10:14 PM
While the attraction itself is worth passing by, if you're a Prince Caspian fan, don't miss the character interaction. We were ther in Dec. 08 and they only let in one family at a time. It was very intimate, and I got some great interaction with Caspian. (not to mention some serious eye candy. :blush:)

mom2morgan
12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I would have found the walk-through an interesting diversion if we had not waited in line for 20 minutes! We ALL thought it was a big let down.

finaldynasty
03-20-2010, 11:15 PM
I was not fortunate to see the first edition this attraction, but was in the park when they opened the PC edition, and I was mad that I wasted time there when I could have been in line for Toy Story Mania! :thumbsup:

candleshoe
03-20-2010, 11:30 PM
As Disney is no longer producing any more of the Narnia movies i imagine this attraction will go the way of the Dodo in due time....

DizneyRox
03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
But it can't leave soon enough...