PDA

View Full Version : question about baby swap

shan1021
11-29-2009, 01:49 AM
I have been to disney a million times, but this will be the first time going with a baby (he'll be turning 9 months when we're down there in march) and i'm going with my mom and dad (i'm 20) and I was just wondering if they went on a ride together first, when they got o fand I do the swap, do both of them get off and I ride alone or can one stay on with me so I don't ride alone? I was just wondering because I know it's usually two parent's swapping so I was wondering if anyone knew, thanks!

SorcererJim
11-29-2009, 11:50 AM
From what I understand, the second person in never has to ride alone and another person can join you on the ride, be it another person that hasn't been on the ride yet, or someone who just got off.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
It's usually up to 3 people who can go back on. So if your mom & dad go on and you stay with the baby, then when they get off one of them can go back on with you.

Belster
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
It's usually up to 3 people who can go back on. So if your mom & dad go on and you stay with the baby, then when they get off one of them can go back on with you.

This is correct...up to 3 people can go back on the ride.

phillydan
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
It's usually up to 3 people who can go back on.

Just to clarify (if memory serves)- it is the ticket holder, plus up to 2 additional people (total of 3).

tys_mommy
12-01-2009, 08:56 AM
You don't actually stay on the ride either (at least we never have). The first person/group stands in line for the ride and tells the cast member that they need to do a child/baby swap, the cast member gives you a ticket (that looks a lot like a fast pass) that is good for up to 3 people to ride again, after the first person/group rides they exit the ride meet up with the person/group sitting off and then the second person/group goes through the fast pass line to get back on the ride.

BigThunderFan
12-01-2009, 11:02 AM
So the entire group does not have to stand in the line? That is how I read the previous post.

tys_mommy
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I've always waited off the rides somewhere in the vicinity in a comfortable spot while the boys rode a ride, then when they got off we'd switch and DH would sit off with the little ones while I rode with DS. 2 times we (me and the younger 2) had to go to Cast Member at the beginning of the line to prove that we were the family with DH & DS - that was for Everest and TOT if I remember correctly - all other times they just asked for a child swap ticket and it was given

Belster
12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Our past two trips we have not been allowed to wait in line with our party. When the riders get off...we switch.

shan1021
12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
thanks everyone so much! I was just concerned about riding alone because I would rather go on with someone, then have to do every ride alone. thanks so much!