PDA

View Full Version : Disney Reward Dollars Redemption Question

DisneyDudet
11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I am headed to WDW for my birthday in less than two weeks, and want to cash in my Disney Visea Reward Dollars. It kinda snuck up on me, so I don't know if I will be able to get the card in the mail.

Looking on the site, it says that redemption is available at Guest Services and such at the parks. Has anyone tried this?

I am looking to purchase a REALLY nice watch at WoD, using my birthday gift card, AP or Disney Visa discount, and my points.

I need help!

deedon1011
11-28-2009, 06:36 AM
It only takes a few minutes to accomplish. Call1-800-300-8575 on the back of your Disney Visa card and tell them what you want to do. They will guide you through the process and you can pick your visa card up at Disney World itself. (Sorry, I don't rember the exact location, but it's near the main entrance.)

I would call the Disney Visa card company right away however to make sure the process is still the same.

magicofdisney
11-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I've heard you can no longer get the discount unless you're using the Disney Visa to make the purchase. That may or may not be the case when you get ready to make your purchase. I've heard that previously you could just show the card for the discount.

As for the reward card, it's very simple to use. You just present it like a credit card and the dollars go toward the purchase of your item. I've made purchases all over WDW using my reward card. Anywhere you can use the birthday card, you should be able to use the reward card and vice-versa.

DisneyDudet
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I am just needing to actually get the card, so I can use it. I will call them Monday, since I'm sure they aren't going to be open/helpful until then. Picking up the card will be quite easy, so if they still have that option, I will choose that one.

About the discount, I still have my AP, so I will get a discount anyway. One time they just asked if I had a Disney Visa. I paid cash for it. Depends on the CM I would guess.

Thank you all for your help so far!

DisneyDudet
12-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I called Disney Visa a few days ago and found out that you can go up to any Guest Services at the parks and DTD and they can transfer your points to a card right there! No need to call ahead.

I will be doing this in about 6 days!