PDA

View Full Version : Fun Park Pics

SignguyTom
11-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Once in a while when we go to Disney, we come up with a theme of sorts for our pictures. One time it was silly hats, another was interesting people (sleeping on a bench, etc.), Disney wildlife and so on...

This time we are going to take pics of CMs with our names. My name is Tom (duh) and my wife is Wendy. Any CM named Tom will be asked if he will pose for a pic with my DW and CMs (or characters :thumbsup:) named Wendy with me.

Our goal is to see how many pics of 'Tom & Wendy' we can get. :D

Anyone else ever do this or any other kind of 'themed' pictures on their trips??

DisneyKim22
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
What a cute idea! Funny you should mention this. As an avid scrapbooker, I do like taking theme pictures. Just a few days ago I decided on our next trip I want a "romantical" theme - so my DH and I will have a picture taken of us kissing in each country in WS.

I have done the hat one before. It's amazing how many different hats you can try on in WDW!

2MuchWDFun
11-27-2009, 03:57 PM
We have a Pal Mickey. On one of our trips we incorporated him into all of our pictures. He even got his own pics on Dumbo (there's a Dumbo outside of the ride for people to take pictures), in his rain gear on TTA, with his hands up going down the chute on Splash Mountain, his Pirate outfit on POC, his safari outfit in AKL, etc. We really had a fun time coming up with different ideas and poses!

cather74
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Love it! We always do silly hats in each country in Epcot! Make sure you get a pic of Wendy with"Wendy!":mickey:

TheMartellFamily
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
That sounds fun. There are so many ideas that I think we may do something like that now that the boys are getting older.

darthmacho
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
That's great! Adding your own magic adds to the fun of WDW! I guess the closest thing to that for us is the tradition of taking pictures with funny hats when we see them in stores, the goofier the better, pun intended...:goofy2:

Can't wait to get the kids involved in that next year! :mickey:

coneygoil
11-27-2009, 09:15 PM
The last two trips I've been on, my dad has tried to get as many pics with CMs as we could. This last trip a couple months ago, we took about 400 pics with CMs.

One trip I carried along with little stuffed Puss in Boots (from Shriek) and sat him on everything, had characters take pics with him, and Puss even made it in a few ride pics.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/coneygoil/WDW%20Nov%2008/100_4594.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/coneygoil/WDW%20Nov%2008/100_4617.jpg

clausjo
11-27-2009, 09:23 PM
These are great ideas! I'm chaperoning my son's 5th grad trip to EPCOT in January and I may try to get them to do something like this. I think I'll have about 6 kids in my group so we may be able to think of something fun. The school mascot is a dolphin so maybe we'll try to bring a dolphin with us!

BluewaterBrad
11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
That sounds really cool.:mickey:

Belster
11-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I love these ideas!!! I am going to have to think of something fun while we are there next year.

Thanks for the great ideas!!!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
12-04-2009, 10:51 AM
We always do the "holding up Spaceship Earth" pic

Tick-Tock
12-04-2009, 02:09 PM
We have a Travelocity Roaming Gnome that visited WDW once. He was particularly popular in the Germany pavilion. Some people actually thought we might be doing a commercial for Travelocity.

kemps@wdw
12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I love funny park pics! My DH, being somewhat of a rock & roll fan, received a Pink Floyd t-shirt from a friend (logo on the front-PINK FLOYD on the back). The friend wasn't convinced he would wear the shirt (duh!), so DH wore the shirt one day to MK and we photographed PINK FLOYD @ every attraction in MK! What interesting scrapbook photos those made! :D

JabberJaws
12-10-2009, 11:45 AM
This is going to sound very, very, very dumb...mostly b/c it is...very, very, very dumb. But I used to have an ongoing inside joke with my wife about the actor Billy Zane and used to say to do an impression of him all you had to do was to wear sunglasses indoors and look serious in non-serious situations.

So...on a trip to WDW several years ago I took pics of myself as Billy Zane in various areas of WDW.

For example, when Billy Zane visited the Mexico Pavillion at WS, he felt it appropriate to don a TINY sombrero while wearing his sunglasses and looking very sery serious at the camera.

Hey...I did warn you that this was VERY, very, very stupid.

TheVBs
12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
How funny! It sounds like you've all got some unique memories by doing those photos. I've never thought of doing a theme for photos, but I do try to get ones that are different in some way, so our WDW albums don't all look the same.