PDA

View Full Version : Favorite

Airblue1
11-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Where is your favorite place to stay on property? and why
is it a value, is it the amenities, food etc...

daisyhead
11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
So far, my favorite place has been AKL. We just loved the comfy room, the great view, and the atmosphere! :mickey:

Disney4us2
11-26-2009, 04:24 PM
So far we have only stayed at the All Star Movies. We had prefered rooms both times, clean rooms, and no problems. I guess that would make it our favorite. Although I would like to try a moderate or deluxe at some point.

SBETigg
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I love the Grand Floridian. So close to the MK that I can hear the train whistle and watch over the lagoon to see crowds arriving, easy transportation to MK and Epcot, two fantastic pools, many great restaurants, 24 hour Gasparilla Grill, comfortable rooms with queen beds, great shops, and a sentimental favorite because I honeymooned there. Feels like home.

Mysttree
11-26-2009, 07:45 PM
We have always stayed in the value resorts. Of those I'd have to say that Pop Century is our current favorite.
Someday we may stay in a moderate resort, but really all we do is sleep there! We don't as a rule 'hang out' at the resort. Generally speaking we're going from early am, take a nap, & then back at the parks until at least 11pm!
We aren't able to afford either a long stay (more than 6 days or so for us) neither can we quite fit in a moderate...though with this special we could have, but we were with a grand gathering- and we all wanted to be close together!

Bass T-bone
11-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyplace on the Monorail line.
Convenient and at deluxe category, who can argue with that?

epceddie
11-26-2009, 10:09 PM
We really like Old Key West. The rooms are the biggest onsite (the studios have two queen beds and the 1BR's are fantastic) and we like the layout. It's big, but we've never had any problems getting around.
The pool area is nice and you can take a boat ride that goes right by the Treehouse Villas before making a stop at Saratoga Springs and continuing on to Downtown Disney.
Plus, we've always had good luck with room requests at OKW and it's our DVC home resort.

disneyboundagain
11-26-2009, 11:06 PM
We love the Contemporary, specifically a tower room with a MK view. That may change in the next few weeks though, as we are staying at BLT with a MK view. We like it so much because of the proximity to MK. Between the anticipation walking to MK, and the relaxing walk after a long day, we wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Also, sitting on the balcony, listening to the sounds of MK after a long day, makes for such a relaxing night's sleep.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

darthmacho
11-27-2009, 05:59 PM
For me it is Wilderness Lodge!

The reasons: Theming, ammenities, and sentimental value. I love the woods and the great outdoors, but let's face it, I'm a city person, and I wouldn't survive a minute out in the real wilderness. Therefore, I love the "woodsy meets luxury" atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge. It also has a nice pool, great decor, and two of my favorite WDW restaurants. Add the fact that it was our first resort and it happened to be our honeymoon, and we now have a favorite resort that will never be matched.

TheMartellFamily
11-27-2009, 07:06 PM
My favorite is any one that I am staying at while I am on vacation. I love it all.

DisneyFr33k
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM
We have always stayed in the value resorts. Of those I'd have to say that Pop Century is our current favorite.
Someday we may stay in a moderate resort, but really all we do is sleep there! We don't as a rule 'hang out' at the resort.

:ditto::exactly: For us, POP is our resort of choice for now. If/when we begin to hang out more at the resorts, we'll consider trying a moderate.

bruin1344
11-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Beach Club because of its close location to Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk, the pool, Cape May, and the theming.

Gator
11-28-2009, 01:00 PM
My favorite so far is Coronado Springs. As a moderate, it has a good price. It has good rooms with queens. The theming is great. The landscaping is better. The food court is phenomenal (if your on the dining plan). The bus service is speedy and convenient - you're close to three theme parks.

However, this may all change after I stay at Kidani Village next year.

Seasonscraps
11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
The WL & BW run neck and neck with each other. BW usually edges out ahead because of the location but just barely.

teambricker04
11-28-2009, 08:38 PM
We love BC... for MANY reasons. First, we had an awesome stay for 2 weeks. Second, it is super close to our favorite park, EPCOT. And third, my aunt who had been a CM for over 15 years had worked there for part of her career at WDW and it always reminds us of her.

BC is pure magic for my family.

KatMark
11-28-2009, 11:29 PM
We've stayed value, moderate and deluxe (CR and Poly). By far, our favorite resort is the moderate -- Coronado Springs Resort. It has everything we could want in a resort -- queen beds, beautiful rooms, beautiful surroundings, great main pool, three quiet pools, largest hot tub of the moderates (and something the Poly does not have), fitness center/spa. And it is very peaceful and serene. We've stayed eight times and only want to try two other resorts (BC and AKL)--and they would have to be a split stay as we wouldn't feel we were in DW if we didn't stay at our home away from home, CSR>

22ridesandtheTOL
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I love the Boardwalk Inn. First stayed there in 1998 after checking it out in 1996 when I was staying at the Grand Floridian. The Boardwalk just felt like finding a home. Lovely cozy atmosphere, plus the folks at the Innkeeper's Club are the best.

The location is suberb, the boat rides to the Studios and EPCOT are fun. The view from the fourth floor is really great at any time of day. The curve of the board walk and the water create some astounding sunsets.

I adore the lobby and the sea horse chandelier. I could keep going, suffice to say, the Boardwalk rocks.:mickey:

AllDisney
11-29-2009, 02:45 PM
So far our favorite is AKL, of the ones we've tried. It feels warm & inviting. The rooms are relaxing with the warm colors of the earth. There is some awesome aroma when you walk into the lobby that just fills the air:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Truly, I've stayed values and moderate and it doesn't matter to me as long as I'm on Disney property....its the disney theme, I'm at Disney even at the resort feeling, being able to use their transportation, gift shops, food courts, restaurants, towel animals.....get the point:mickey:

wdwnutz
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
So far our favorite is Poly (if we could ever afford to stay there again) and Coronado Springs. We just stayed at CBR and it was really nice, great size rooms, great pool (especially for kids) and nice food court. The only thing we didn't like was that the Main Building (checkin, Magical Express stop) was on the other side of the resort. It was an inconvience on our last day there because we always take a late flight home (7PM) so we leave at 4PM with Magical Express back to the airport. We enjoy going to one of the parks and then like to go back to the resort about 1 1/2 - 2 hours before to do some last minute shopping, hang out at the pool and grab some lunch before heading home. Well at CBR that is really difficult to do because when you leave the parks you take the bus back to Old Port Royale then when you are ready you have to take the internal bus to the Main Building to catch the Magical Express (wastes alot of time). It's just much easier to have everything in the same building like the other resorts. I guess it bothered us because I was traveling alone with my DS3 (with a stroller) and DD16.

Stickey
12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
AKL is the clear choice for us. :number1:
AKL offers a unique experience(animals), superior resort theming, excellent restaurant options, and a great gift shop.

Lakin
12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't think it's fair to judge unless I stay at all of them! :)

kemps@wdw
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
So far, out of all the places we've stayed, we like the WL the best. But, there's still an lot of resorts and alot of visits left for us. So...we'll see!;)

PETE FROM NYC
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
We stayed at Port Orleans and Carribean back when they were the cheapies.I don't exactly remember why, but we were less than thrilled with Port Orleans. After that we were at All Star Movies and Music. This year we were at Pop for the first time because we used WDW buses for the first time.
But we are park people.We do not need pools,spas, fancy eateries or other amenities.

mouseketeer mom
12-05-2009, 09:34 PM
1)Polynesian~really can't think of one negative. It's a perfect fit for our family, the sights, smells, location..perfect. We love being right across from the MK, our favorite park.
2)WL and BC are tied. WL is highly themed, close to MK, relaxing and beautiful. BC has that amazing walk to Epcot, and Stormalong Bay and Beaches and Cream! What I don't like about the BC is that is feels like a hotel to me, more than a resort like the Poly.

Evil Genius
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
My favorite by far is Port Orleans Riverside...in the Aligator Bayou!

There's something about the layout and landscaping of the resort that I find fery relaxing and homey. Plus when I'm staying at the resort it feels like an oasis away from the parks. It just doesn't feel as manic as many of the other Disney resorts and is a great place to unwind.